i just voted

bikeman564™

So thankful Oregon has been vote by mail for a long time. I just looked up it's 20 years. So much more relaxed voting at your kitchen table. I do sorta miss the LOL (Little Old Ladies) at the polling stations though. Heck I'm at an age now I might be able to hit on a few lookers

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

The one downside is until your vote is mailed & received the parties call asking if you voted yet. I think they get a database of all the voters that mailed in ballots. So your spam call list gets hit for a few days/weeks. And I like to vote last minute & drop off in case a Congressman gets caught in bed with a sheep on the weekend before

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

The one downside is until your vote is mailed & received the parties call asking if you voted yet. I think they get a database of all the voters that mailed in ballots. So your spam call list gets hit for a few days/weeks. And I like to vote last minute & drop off in case a Congressman gets caught in bed with a sheep on the weekend before

True.   I dropped mine off at the clerk's office at city hall.   Which is my voting place

I'll vote over the weekend.  Thinking about keeping it simple this year.  Vote one party at the local level and another at the federal level -- unless there's an independent candidate -- then he/she probably gets my vote.  Honestly, I can't stand what is happening to my state and country right now.  County is OK but even it is starting to get on my nerves.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

New Jersey had made a big push for vote by mail last year.  Made it the default so that got me.  It's like they knew this virus shit was coming!

I think it's great.  The people who think it's rigged -- as if those election machines you walk up to in your precinct can't be rigged either.  Fact is, I don't have eyes and ears everywhere -- so at some point I gotsta trust in the system.  And  if I gotsta trust the system either way -- then make it easier on me. Mailing is simpler.

• Heart 2

I just voted too.  Washington state primary.  Basically about 34 morons submitted themselves for governor w/ credentials like "I've been studying politics at the library for years." or "So and so from party X sucks ass and I'm going in there to remove the partisan gridlock."  Incredulous.  I also voted for only one party this time at the federal level, and voted only for the other party on the state and local levels.  As an independent, I've never done that before.  Well, I did make one exception on Commissioner of Public Lands.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'll drop mine off probably next week. I need to read up on the local voting items.

Since you didn't hand in your assignment, you shall be punished and you'll have to watch the debates tonight.

My local issues were pretty straightforward: I voted against he incumbents at our city offices and to renew the millage. 

There was county parks and rec millage that I probably would have voted against but since my son works there and encouraged me to approve it, I voted for it.

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 2:25 PM, Scrapr said:

So thankful Oregon has been vote by mail for a long time. I just looked up it's 20 years. So much more relaxed voting at your kitchen table. I do sorta miss the LOL (Little Old Ladies) at the polling stations though. Heck I'm at an age now I might be able to hit on a few lookers

You aren't that old yet.  Young in body and mind.  :D

• Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:25 PM, Scrapr said:

I do sorta miss the LOL (Little Old Ladies) at the polling stations though.

Our county figured out the average age of the poll workers was something like 67.   Average...??  I don't ever think I saw anyone that young.  

The county elections people actually realized older people tend to get the virus and die more often than younger people.  So they have been recruiting younger people to work at the polls on election day.