Tomorrow is the last day of July..weekend starts at the end of the workday..Plans?

petitepedal

Not much here. Rain is forecast to be on and off Saturday, partly clearing Sunday, then more rain thru Wednesday. I better plan a ride for Sunday. I’m picking up a new pair of Rx sunglasses after work. Probably do a Costco run after that. I want another bag of flour and some bacon. Wo7 probably has more stuff to hoard that she isn’t telling me about; I will learn later. 
Wegmans run early Saturday to beat the crowds. Milk, eggs, cheese, bread, usual grocery run. Hit the farmers market on the way home for produce. Try to plan what I will cook for dinner and leftovers.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Tizeye said:

See what the hurricane is going to do Saturday and Sunday. Projected to skirt the coast and stay offshore. Just moderate winds and rain expected the entire weekend.

Be safe.

8 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I WAS heading home tomorrow morning to clean gear and be off the the weekend but just found out we are being diverted to another drowning somewhere else so not sure when I will get home

I am sorry, but I am sure the families are thankful for your service.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

This is my last day of restriction so I will be doing bedpans this weekend and not have to call for help. :skipping:

Great news-- bedpans never looked so good.

@BuffJim, what a gift to be able to spend some time with him.  My thoughts are with you.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

10 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Visiting my parents. My dad is at the end of his life. Don’t know how many days he has left. But we spoke on the phone with them last night, and my Dad sounded more lucid than he’s been the last few weeks. 

Wow. He’s made a dramatic improvement. He’s regained his mental functions and my brother was able to hire 20 hours of in home nursing a week, so my mother is much more relaxed. His pulse ox still falls below 80 at the slightest exertion, even with oxygen. So perhaps he has months left. We’ll see. 

Hopefully that makes our trip more of a visit, than a triage session. It’s 300 miles away, so not a simple trip. 75 miles north of @Zackny, who most people regard as living at the northern limits of civilization. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

This is my last day of restriction so I will be doing bedpans this weekend and not have to call for help. :skipping:

Still, do be careful Man! Have someone there your first time, or at least someone who is on call in an emergency. You don’t have to be Superman again so soon. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Old No. 7 said:

Still, do be careful Man! Have someone there your first time, or at least someone who is on call in an emergency. You don’t have to be Superman again so soon. 

Why wife was testing me today. First time didn’t wait for the bedpan, second time everything went good, third time false alarm. Still as much work. I did fine.

• Heart 2

I have to make sure I always bring my mask when I leave home.  No, I don't cycle with my mask on ...it's just too unhealthy for me.

But our city enacted bylaw effective tomorrow:  being in all stores, etc. one must wear a mask unless you're exercising indoors (which is dangerous in a group anyway) , eating while at restaurant..if no mask, you get fined up to $200.00.

13 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Driving motorcycles really really fast and one of them with Wo46 as a counter balance. 

Probably being smart enough to no longer be inside the race cars I drive.  I've had enough of explosions and fire and wheelstanding so high that the rear bumper struck the ground.  Those days would probably stop my heart now.