If an Ironman event isn't enough

Destination

This weekend, the Ultraman Canada event will take place. In three days, the participants will cover a total of 514.5 kilometres or 320 miles. The swim is 10.0 kilometres, followed by a total of 420.2 kilometres on the bike and a run of 84.3 kilometres. 

http://ultramancanada.com

The forecast is for temperatures into the low 30s or around 90F for the three days of the event. 

And to further add to the challenge, this is a long weekend out here. There's going to be more traffic than usual on the highways.

• Heart 1

Coastal B.C. and Vancouver Island have moderate temperatures, much like the climate in Seattle and the coastal areas of Washington State. The southern interior of B.C. often tops 100F in summer. 

the interior of Alaska does the same thing

I was thinking this was somewhere on the coast near Vancouver

you can see Abbotsford or whatever that town is called  from my folk's house, and they hardly ever see 90F

So, you signed up?

Ha!, No.  The IM was it for me.  I mean really in theory I can do a double iron or ultra event.  If you can put an IM together then you should be able to just ride longer training rides, swims, runs etc and put together a longer race.  But I see no reason whatsoever to do that to myself again. 

• Heart 1