Jump to content

Happy places


Old No. 7
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Crap, Was being a wiseass. Knew it was one or the other and guessed wrong.

Technically you’re not wrong, there is a bridge. It’s a big one, five miles long. The mitten dwellers have to cross the Mac and then the ferry to get to the island. The yoopers just take the ferry. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Technically you’re not wrong, there is a bridge. It’s a big one, five miles long. The mitten dwellers have to cross the Mac and then the ferry to get to the island. The yoopers just take the ferry. 

Actually, the ferries leave from both St. Ignace and Mackinac City.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another happy place, the Catskills.  Memories of childhood summers spent riding bikes, taking walks, swimming at the lake, exploring streams and hanging out on the porch reading. or playing cards  Time spent with the family including my grandmother who would come with us (and who was a wonderful baker!)

 

bandstand.jpg

bandstand stream.jpg

cc stream.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Gotta agree, but for me, it is anywhere the ocean touches the sand.

But, I'm equally happy in the mountains, on a river, or in a forest.

I have spent time on the Atlantic and even the Gulf of Mexico.  The Pacific has a smell, sound & feel unlike any other ocean.  I even love NorCal, Oregon & WA coastal towns.  The Pacific smells & sounds the same.

When I’m gone for an extended time I love to take a deep breath of the cool damp salt air.  Mmmmm home!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I have spent time on the Atlantic and even the Gulf of Mexico.  The Pacific has a smell, sound & feel unlike any other ocean.  I even love NorCal, Oregon & WA coastal towns.  The Pacific smells & sounds the same.

When I’m gone for an extended time I love to take a deep breath of the cool damp salt air.  Mmmmm home!

I thought the Caribbean was awfully **&^%$ nice!

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I thought the Caribbean was awfully **&^%$ nice!

I’m sure it is but it’s not “my” happy place.  You know Hawaii was also really nice and on the Pacific but it had a much different feel and not as “happy” a place as the west coast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I’m sure it is but it’s not “my” happy place.  You know Hawaii was also really nice and on the Pacific but it had a much different feel and not as “happy” a place as the west coast.

Hawaii has the better swimming conditions versus CA.  OR and WA really lack comfortable swimming conditions.  Still, a walk along any Pacific beach is still a great time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Hawaii has the better swimming conditions versus CA.  OR and WA really lack comfortable swimming conditions.  Still, a walk along any Pacific beach is still a great time.

Says the guy who swam in those damn Unheated pools in VA!  😁

The water temp stays between the low 50’s to mid 60’s year round, yeah kinda chilly.  I dipped my feet in the water the other day and it was surprisingly warm.’probably low 70’s. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Deep Creek Lake and Wisp Resort in Western Maryland.  There have been a total of 45 COVID-19 cases and 0 deaths in the entire Garrett County there.  The Resort is open. Apparently, White Water Rafting is closed but almost everything else is open.

1424231248_IMG_3515clar900p.JPG.d54df42f2c1e2ee6906d5c4a926d38b6.JPG

1368796263_FishingMe.thumb.jpg.23cded1910ef15663a5aab814d7e4ff5.jpg vlcsnap-2018-07-04-13h14m57s578.cropp_900p.jpg.42a5e7e53d48f6b17650fae6b02ce8f9.jpg

1492910425_SwallFallsSt.Park6-900p.jpg.a7c911e0ed7e9adb25b15ede67f4c2ed.jpg

 

602156697_Mountaincoasterup-ramp.jpg.c9f459128994276131fad7878c9ffb91.jpg

 

195415069_ScottGraceblowup.thumb.JPG.2995f0284ec98fdfc9cfe30b5bc5f8ed.JPG

20180701_141905.thumb.jpg.13d965bff55a28752b20d16c8b125531.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...