Happy places

Parsnip Totin Jack

Just now, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Crap, Was being a wiseass. Knew it was one or the other and guessed wrong.

Technically you’re not wrong, there is a bridge. It’s a big one, five miles long. The mitten dwellers have to cross the Mac and then the ferry to get to the island. The yoopers just take the ferry. 

16 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Technically you’re not wrong, there is a bridge. It’s a big one, five miles long. The mitten dwellers have to cross the Mac and then the ferry to get to the island. The yoopers just take the ferry. 

Actually, the ferries leave from both St. Ignace and Mackinac City.

• Heart 1

Another happy place, the Catskills.  Memories of childhood summers spent riding bikes, taking walks, swimming at the lake, exploring streams and hanging out on the porch reading. or playing cards  Time spent with the family including my grandmother who would come with us (and who was a wonderful baker!)

bandstand.jpg

bandstand stream.jpg

cc stream.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Gotta agree, but for me, it is anywhere the ocean touches the sand.

But, I'm equally happy in the mountains, on a river, or in a forest.

I have spent time on the Atlantic and even the Gulf of Mexico.  The Pacific has a smell, sound & feel unlike any other ocean.  I even love NorCal, Oregon & WA coastal towns.  The Pacific smells & sounds the same.

When I’m gone for an extended time I love to take a deep breath of the cool damp salt air.  Mmmmm home!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I have spent time on the Atlantic and even the Gulf of Mexico.  The Pacific has a smell, sound & feel unlike any other ocean.  I even love NorCal, Oregon & WA coastal towns.  The Pacific smells & sounds the same.

When I’m gone for an extended time I love to take a deep breath of the cool damp salt air.  Mmmmm home!

I thought the Caribbean was awfully **&^%$ nice!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I thought the Caribbean was awfully **&^%$ nice!

I’m sure it is but it’s not “my” happy place.  You know Hawaii was also really nice and on the Pacific but it had a much different feel and not as “happy” a place as the west coast.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I’m sure it is but it’s not “my” happy place.  You know Hawaii was also really nice and on the Pacific but it had a much different feel and not as “happy” a place as the west coast.

Hawaii has the better swimming conditions versus CA.  OR and WA really lack comfortable swimming conditions.  Still, a walk along any Pacific beach is still a great time.

54 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Hawaii has the better swimming conditions versus CA.  OR and WA really lack comfortable swimming conditions.  Still, a walk along any Pacific beach is still a great time.

Says the guy who swam in those damn Unheated pools in VA!  😁

The water temp stays between the low 50’s to mid 60’s year round, yeah kinda chilly.  I dipped my feet in the water the other day and it was surprisingly warm.’probably low 70’s.