You rarely hear anything about Nebraska.

kingtermite

Have you ever been to Nebraska?  Nothing fishy is happening in Nebraska because nothing happens in Nebraska.  Oh wait, the corn grows in Nebraska.  You can stand there and watch it grow.  That would be an exciting time in Nebraska.

I have a sister that lives in Lincoln.  Exciting times…... 

North or South Nebraska?

They normally like to talk about it in terms of east, central and west.  East Nebraska is related to Iowa.  Central Nebraska is a long way from anything.  West Nebraska is like eastern Colorado and even further away from anything.

I'm thinking there is something really fishy going on in Nebraska.

Nebraska is a wonderful state, but I haven't associated it with fishing. For that, a trip to Minnesota, Michigan or several other parts of the U.S. would be preferable. 

I don't think there is any music in Nebraska.

There is music everywhere, for those who choose to hear it. Go to a corn field in rural Nebraska. Sit cross-legged, close your eyes and breathe slowly. Then listen. The sounds of insects, birds, a gentle wind and even an occasional truck or tractor in the distance will take on a musical quality.

• Heart 2

I had a real good friend from Lincoln. Rodney was 1st generation American. His mom and dad were Mexican migrant workers picking lettuce in Nebraska, then his dad got his papers and opened a car lot. Sent 3 kids to college and everything

But even out with the locals, Lincoln is a sleepy town

You don't hear much about Nebraska anymore because the Cornhuskers have been a shadow of what they were for a while now

They used to be one of the top college football programs

Nebraska is a quiet state, and as we all know....ya gotta watch out for the quiet ones.

Oh yeah....just down the street from Mutual of Omaha HQ...Dodge St? there is a great little BBQ place sharing a storefront with a gogo dancer place. Well at least there used to be, not having been there in about 15 years. Great ribs, and the BBQ was good too.   :lol: