How do you bastiges shove stuff into your eyes?

jsharr

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I cannot for the life of me put in a contact lens.

They either go in effortlessly or are impossible.  It is insane.

I often get one in easy peasy and then the other is a shit show.

I only wear them for something like snorkeling where I want to see without having too wear glasses.

Been wearing contacts for 30+ years.  It took some getting used to but I overcame it.  Touching your eyes isn’t a natural thing and you just have to relax and not stress over it.

Both my kids wear contacts too and my son had a harder time getting used to them but he got it down.

Easy Peasy.

For soft lenses, let it dry slightly in the air. Contact on index finger; hold lower lid open with middle finger; slide index finger along middle finger until lens is just short of eye; move a millimeter at a time until lens just touches eye; surface tension should pull the lens onto the eye. Gently blink.

My first time putting them in at the eye Dr was comical. I finally found that pulling down on my lower eyelid to keep the eye open, then looking up so I didn’t see it coming worked the best. I’ve been doing them for about 10 years after breaking a pair of glasses on a ride. Much better to replace broken riding shades. 
I have days like Razors Edge where one just won’t cooperate. Only once did I give up and go with 1 contact. 

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

That is why I never wasted my money even trying them. Worn glasses for 71 years and saw no need to change. Vanity has never been an issue. I really chuckle about the vanity comments that are included in adds for glasses these days.

I tried them in the60's to avoid wearing glasses while playing in goal for a couple of club soccer teams.  It didn't work out.  In addition to not liking the hard lenses, most soccer fields that don't have dedicated groundskeeping teams have very little grass and a lot of dust in the area around the goal mouth.  I just went back to wearing glasses.  I only broke 3 or 4 pair.

3 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

And no way anyone is slicing and dicing my eyes with a fricken laser or knife either!

That will work out fine unless you wind up getting cataracts.  If that happens, and they get bad enough, you will need some slicing and dicing if you want to still be able to see.

Contacts or laser surgery for vision correction can be avoided however.  I would not use contacts.

I have no choice and basically if I want to see even remotely clearly I need to wear contacts.  I did not start until I was in my late 30's to need any sort of corrective lenses 

It took some getting use to, like anything, and now it is just a thing I do half asleep without thinking about it.  First thing I do every morning, last thing I do every night

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

That is why I still wear glasses, not contacts. The eye guy said no way. :D

And no way anyone is slicing and dicing my eyes with a fricken laser or knife either!

You probably don't want to know this but I was awake for both my cataract surgeries.  You can talk to the doc, see shadows of tools working inside your eyeball and even listen to the tiny vacuum cleaner sucking stuff out.   :o

However, since then I've had over 1000 laser shots into my eyes to weld up the failing retinas and to provide pressure relief for the glaucoma.  Those hurt a bit.

One way or another, the long dark is coming.