My sister retired today

Allen

I think she still gets to fly for free for life. 
She was an international flight attendant. 
She and her husband still own a few shops downtown Athens, Ga. The fate of the shops is up in the air. Athens is a college town, if the students do not return in the fall things may go south for the shops. 

34 minutes ago, Allen said:

She and her husband still own a few shops downtown Athens, Ga. The fate of the shops is up in the air. Athens is a college town, if the students do not return in the fall things may go south for the shops. 

Looks like shop ownership right now, is gonna complicate her retirement.  Unless they offer online shopping...which means closing several mortar and bricks shops.

27 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Looks like shop ownership right now, is gonna complicate her retirement.  Unless they offer online shopping...which means closing several mortar and bricks shops.

They have a website but 90% at least of their sales are real life. They own high end clothing boutiques. People like to try the clothes on first. 

11 minutes ago, Allen said:

They have a website but 90% at least of their sales are real life. They own high end clothing boutiques. People like to try the clothes on first. 

Yes, that would be hard ..for high-end.  Let's put it this way, if a woman already has a decent, diverse and quality wardrobe now, and she's been working from home 90% of time, she will be spending alot less money on lots of dressy clothing.  I went into a major store today in the women's wear... I had only 1 objective: to see if their underwear/lingerie was discounted.  Sadly no, but rest of the women's wear inventory was. :mellow:  Bras that fit/are comfortable and panties that don't cost $15.00 per pair, are hard to come by for a shrimp.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I sympathsize. I"m one of those women who need to try on clothing, 95% of time before deciding on a purchase.   IT doesn't matter the pricetag (well, except for panties..am guessing). And about 70% of the time, the garment doesn't fit me without major alterations.

HOWEVER, there is a high end woman's store in an area about 5 km. bike ride away and I noticed she offers curbside pickup. She has a little table just outside the door where customers, phone to tell her that they're coming in 3-5 min.  I know, because I'm having my latte outside and watching the customers.

I think the store has other stuff beside clothing..jewellery, accessories, cards, special soaps, body lotion, etc.  Lifestyle store, not just clothing.  Now, looking at their inventory... https://lizandlottie.ca/  it's not really me...but might suit a younger set since am not a baseball cap wearer...

Tell your sister this...$28.00 for plastic hair clips?????  https://lizandlottie.ca/collections/womens/products/piper-hair-clips-set-pink   I don't get it.  I would go more bling crystal for that pricetag on hair accessories.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Allen said:

Pun intended??

• Heart 1