And the countdown is 1

maddmaxx

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Don't crash it.

Too late.  It was crashed due to stoopid driver error in the last test session on Wednesday.  The body has a few scratches across the front now which makes it the expendable race body now.  Fortunately it was not crashed at speed but by the typical geezer action of throttle vs brake while turning it around at the high end to come back down the return lane.

Hey, I should be driving a BMW.  Weren't they the cars famous for punching out the back wall of the garage..........or was it Audi?

Sudden Acceleration Syndrome.  "But officer, I was standing on the brake pedal with both feet when it entered the store".

The car is half loaded.  The driver is looking around for high energy breakfast stuff.  The batteries are charged and stored safely in the explosion proof container.  Waze is up and running on the phone.  I'm going down the check list as I know there will be something to forget.

14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

And Audi and Toyota. 

All guilty of perhaps having a poor choice of pedal size and placement making it easier for drivers to mistake one for the other.  There seem to be a rash of drivers punching into store fronts these days no matter what sort of car they are driving.  Is it because our population is ageing?  It's a fact that age correlates to unintended acceleration accidents.  However it's not entirely age related as there are some young dumbasses as well.