You can tell me this wasn’t deliberate trolling...

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

15 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'd be more concerned the unsalted is used.

That’s because it isn’t just butter manufacturers that hate me. 

The pudding calls for a half a stick of butter. I had a partial stick in the fridge....but of course it wasn’t quite half a stick. Of course I had to open another stick for one goddamn tablespoon.

I must have been really, really bad in a previous life.

It's so they won't run out of red or blue ink if there's a run on unsalted or salted - both red and blue will get used.

It's like the bookies in Las Vegas and their odds on baseball games, etc.  They do NOT set the point spreads based on how they think the game with end, they set them where they think the spread will make 50% of betters bet each way - that way they're guaranteed a small profit.

Similarly, the Tops people - their cousins the Topps make baseball cards - are guaranteeing they'll use up both colors of ink. ;)

Most Valuable Topps Baseball Cards | Topps Baseball Cards ...

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

....but I won’t believe you. Why does the unsalted butter come in a box with a blue label, yet the individual sticks have RED labels....and the salted butter is exactly  opposite? 🤬 Someone, somewhere is having a good chuckle over this....

A9C65777-4A87-4508-BBBE-D413599F1087.thumb.jpeg.c04713e9941a6b9ff5bdc2157a542752.jpeg

I’ll raise you one. I actually went and checked, assuming it was your rouge local dairies doing the dirty dealings. But nope, our salted butter is also blue wrapper and red box and the wrapper only says “butter.” The blue box/red wrapper unsalted butter at least has the decency to put “unsalted” on the wrapper.

Just now, Randomguy said:

Do you keep separate butters for cooking and spreading?

No. I should, though. There’s a milk plant in town* that has amazing butter, but it’s in a big tub - too big to use before it starts to go bad.

*might even be the same one where Judge Barlow bought his buttermilk.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Maybe a butter delivery to Aire, Couch, and BJ?

The butter is in a half gallon tub, much like sherbet. They’re more aimed at the commercial market, rather than the consumer market. The dairy store is just incidental. (Although the clerk in the store is a cute girl I went to school with).