Isaias - headed for Mid-Atlantic States.

MickinMD

ABC: "(Tuesday) Isaias is expected to pick up speed and accelerate into the Northeast, likely tracking very close to Interstate 95 from Washington, D.C., to Philadelphia to New York City and then moving into New England.  In the Carolinas and the Mid-Atlantic, the main threat will be very heavy rain and coastal flooding."

I-95 passes several miles from my Apartment and house.  My apartment and my house are on high ground, as are my sister's and brother's homes.  My brother's brother-in-law's house is on relatively low ground on Kent Island - which juts into the Bay from its Eastern Shore, but they've been ok during past up-the-Bay hurricanes.

Since it's basically coming right up the Chesapeake - which is a basically the giant, shallow mouth of the Susquehanna, Patapsco, Potomac, and many smaller rivers and creeks - the hurricane will push the water upstream, to the north, and that often backs up the flow and floods the waterfront area of Annapolis and some small towns on or just off the Bay.  Washington D.C. and Baltimore are usually spared the high-water flooding.