My son’s sense of humor.... <shakes head>

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

8 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

He’s one of the funniest people I know.

He just sent me a recipe for “Cowboy Candy” - basically a jalapeño relish kind of thing - and this was his description:

Absolutely insane on a nice freshly smoked pulled pork sandwich. Not overly hot, but the spicy/vinegar/sweet combo confuses your brain into flavor bliss. If we end up in a bartering post apocalyptic wasteland this is gonna be what saves me from marauders. It's that good. 

Love his mindless creative self-expression.

11 hours ago, jsharr said:

Hahaha.  Need the recipe.

1 pound jalapeño peppers

2 cups sugar 

2/3 cup cider vinegar 

2 tbsp ground mustard 

1 tbsp garlic powder 

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 

1/4 tsp celery salt 

Pinch of cumin & ginger 

Bring all except jalapeños to a boil - simmer 5 minutes. Add jalapeños, simmer additional 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a pint jar (mine packed one solid). Top off with vinegar solution. Save the extra for a glaze/sauce. Protip - triple the recipe because you're gonna want more. 

2 cups sugar 
2/3 cup cider vinegar 
2 tbsp ground mustard 
1 tbsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 
1/4 tsp celery salt 
Pinch of cumin & ginger 

Bring all except jalapeños to a boil - simmer 5 minutes. Add jalapeños, simmer additional 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a pint jar (mine packed one solid). Top off with vinegar solution. Save the extra for a glaze/sauce. Protip - triple the recipe because you're gonna want more. 
  • Heart 1

4 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

1 pound jalapeño peppers

2 cups sugar 

2/3 cup cider vinegar 

2 tbsp ground mustard 

1 tbsp garlic powder 

1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 

1/4 tsp celery salt 

Pinch of cumin & ginger 

2 cups sugar 
2/3 cup cider vinegar 
2 tbsp ground mustard 
1 tbsp garlic powder 
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 
1/4 tsp celery salt 
Pinch of cumin & ginger 

You just screwed him in the apocalypse, moran!