Do I remember correctly that someone discussed improving volume on an Iphone.

sheep_herder

I once called the phone guy at work for low volume. He picked the receiver up and gave me a look. I immediately realized I needed to try the other ear. Loud and clear!  Went to the doctor, she irrigated the ear and it felt like my brains went rushing oot. 

Hmm, maybe they did! :(

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smudge said:

If you use speakerphone, make sure it's a conversation you don't mind sharing with others.

The closest others to me are over 100 yards away unless you include my wife. We don’t really have anything to hide. Over 95% of our calls are doctors and nurses. It’s no wonder old people retire, if they were still working they wouldn’t have time to go to all their appointments .

3 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Mine has been fading recently, and yes all the plastic covers were removed. Maybe I should also try it with my right ear to see if the problem still exists.

You've visually confirmed the volume is "up"?  Sometimes I adjust the volume down/up for a different app, and that carries over to phonecalls as well. 

Also, like suggested, using the earbuds 1) lets you confirm whether it is a speaker issue or just a changeable volume thing, and 2) lets you see the screen as you go press the volume buttons up & down.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

The closest others to me are over 100 yards away unless you include my wife. We don’t really have anything to hide. Over 95% of our calls are doctors and nurses. It’s no wonder old people retire, if they were still working they wouldn’t have time to go to all their appointments .

That's fine when you're home, but when you're at the store or the bank or the hospital or........

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t talk on the phone in those situations.

HAHAHAHA.  You don't answer the phone and have conversations while shopping and banking???? What kind of maniac are you?!?!?!?!

I keep my phone on silent 99% of the time. If someone wants me, they can leave a message. I see the call and recognize the number, I consider answering. Often I just his the "text reply" option that iPhones have and tell them I will call them later.  Unless I am out shopping and need some answers about what to get, I am definitely not bothering to call or answer a call.  I usually wait until I'm back in the car (or home, preferably) to see what the fuss was.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You don't answer the phone and have conversations while shopping and banking????

No I restrict those to the checkout line. Preferably when there are 87 people behind me who I know are just dying to hear about Aunt Edna's gallbladder

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1