Guess who...

Allen

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

....is out of power yet again.

Hardest thunderstorm yet this summer. Of course it knocked out the power. It’s hailing pretty hard right now.  
I’ll post a short video of it when I have broadband again. 

Living off the grid = living the dream!

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

This kinda sucks too.  I’m not going anywhere, and the power crew ain’t making it down the driveway either.

5DC643D4-3138-4E4B-8D3F-3AD42BA95F4F.jpeg

It gives you something to do to occupy your time waiting for the power to come back on!

And firewood for in the winter when the power goes out again.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Further said:

A few years back we had a major hail storm golf ball sized. We were at work standing in a door watching it storm. One guy says "man I bet that shit would hurt" another guy say's "well, go see". So hooplehead #1 jumps out into the hail and dances around for about 30 seconds yelling "ow ow oww owww...."

Funnier than hell

I'm a simple sort....

Last year we were in CO and I came upon this car. Assuming it’s hail damage.  I bet that hail storm woulda hurt too.

A4435D2D-0E06-4943-A3A3-2DA75165218E.thumb.jpeg.12a79a097189fc0b9fb1ad4a37a2bf19.jpeg

Ok, so what killed the power was a big pine at the Catholic church  at the end of the road was struck by lightning and it exploded into flinders and took out the power line as it fell across the road. Fire truck was called out and everything. I missed it, my brother went out to watch the show though.
It looks really cool. There is a stump, and about three foot up it abruptly ends in matchsticks. 

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Last year we were in CO and I came upon this car. Assuming it’s hail damage.  I bet that hail storm woulda hurt too.

A4435D2D-0E06-4943-A3A3-2DA75165218E.thumb.jpeg.12a79a097189fc0b9fb1ad4a37a2bf19.jpeg

That is how the cars in the lot looked, several broken windshields. My Element still has a lot of dimples, they didn't heal...

Not as bad as the picture, but noticeable.

6 hours ago, Allen said:

This kinda sucks too.  I’m not going anywhere, and the power crew ain’t making it down the driveway either.

5DC643D4-3138-4E4B-8D3F-3AD42BA95F4F.jpeg

You need to drive a Mach five. There’s a button on the wheel you can push and giant saws spring out of the front for situations just like this

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Further said:

A few years back we had a major hail storm golf ball sized. We were at work standing in a door watching it storm. One guy says "man I bet that shit would hurt" another guy say's "well, go see". So hooplehead #1 jumps out into the hail and dances around for about 30 seconds yelling "ow ow oww owww...."

Funnier than hell

I'm a simple sort....

A few years back someone here in Dallas was killed by a hail stone strike to the head

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Allen said:

I want an electric car, but I have no use for an electric chainsaw.

I have one because I only need to use it very infrequently and for very light duty, so I don’t have to worry aboot a gummed up carburetor after long periods of storage. Plus no need to be far away from the house. 

Our power was out today. I was at the doctor’s office today when our hospice aide called me and said the power was out. She couldn’t put the bed down to change the sheets and the mattress was going flat. By the time I got home everything was running. The mattress is one of those fancy air mattresses that constantly changes air pressure in different parts of the bed to prevent bed sores.

• Heart 2

On 8/3/2020 at 9:31 PM, Allen said:

Ok, so what killed the power was a big pine at the Catholic church  at the end of the road was struck by lightning and it exploded into flinders and took out the power line as it fell across the road. Fire truck was called out and everything. I missed it, my brother went out to watch the show though.
It looks really cool. There is a stump, and about three foot up it abruptly ends in matchsticks. 

We need a picture. That sounds pretty cool.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That mattress actually works. My wife has been flat on her back for eight months and no bed sores. Her skin looks really good.

I think my dad had a similar one when he was in the hospital. The bed would make noises as it inflated/deflated.  It also was on wheels and had all sorts of other electronic features but none of us knew what they were used for.  I'm guessing the nurses did, but they never explained them to us.  Probably cost more than my car, though.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Ah.  Ok.  That make sense.  I know some areas don't believe in rerouting water.

That, & what ever they do once, they need to be prepared to do 80 more times.

I just got the water to stop pooling on the back patio with "unapproved pavers (I didn't even ask); so I'm thinking I'll use the same ones to edge around the sidewalk & direct most of the water down the driveway.

2 minutes ago, 2Far said:

That, & what ever they do once, they need to be prepared to do 80 more times.

I just got the water to stop pooling on the back patio with "unapproved pavers (I didn't even ask); so I'm thinking I'll use the same ones to edge around the sidewalk & direct most of the water down the driveway.

Still, worth it when the alternative is the neighbors opting to run a derelict auto storage park in the strip of lawn adjoining your property.

11 minutes ago, Allen said:

Install. No gutter on that side of the house.

edit.  I thought you were talking about my house.  My bad.

Yeah, I know certain areas don't have gutters.  Some folks believe rerouting water can be more problematic.  Most places up here have gutters so that's what I'm used to seeing.