“You can’t ride a bike to Alaska. It’s an island!”

Ralphie

• 1 month later...

When we visited Alaska in 2015 we noticed many highways had a bike path next to them. Seems the Governor is/was a cyclist so any riad project included a bike path too. We mostly saw  ATV’s using them.

9 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Sounds like something people would say when Jay Leno was doing the Tonight Show and would stand on a street corner and ask questions about geography, history, definitions, etc.

I guess because it is usually shown disemboded like Hawaii on US maps, for those who remember those!  Of course the book is from the 70s.

1 minute ago, Forum Administrator said:

I am so happy other people have problems posting pictures from their phones.

The walrus could probably fix that. The last time we had that problem we were told it was us not the site and then they fixed it. I can post a screenshot and it is right side up but if I take a photograph I have to rotate it 360° to make it come out right. Only on this site.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, we made it to Anchorage!  The book wasn't exactly riveting, but it was a pleasant road trip story.  Sounds like Denali NP and Mt. McKinley are pretty darn impressive and made the trip worth it for the guy.  As well as the tremendous feeling of beating adversity and hardship with like-minded people on a tough trip.  Glad I read it.

• Awesome 1