Sucky dog owners next door

Dirtyhip

They have a big mastiff/pit mix.  They leave this dog on the chain 27/7.  It is so sad.  Now, they have a second one that is in a kennel/cage.  The caged one's habitat is about 10x10. Two nights ago, those two dogs barked all night long.  All night.  From what I gather, the neighbors have not been home for 2 days.  I think the brother is coming to feed them, but I am not sure.

I reported them to dog control yesterday.  Additionally, I plan to tell them how idiotic they are, the next time I cross paths with them.  People are so irresponsible and selfish. 

I am very much looking forward to moving.  At least the new place has a lot more space. 

First complaint is a warning, a second complaint is a fine.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

Just now, jsharr said:

I just got a call from a friend who wanted to know if I had bolt cutters.  She was at the vet and they just had an owner surrender of a dog with a huge chain locked around it's neck.  People suck.

OMG!

This chain is one of those huge ones. It is sad that they even use this kind of chain.  He is strong.  Possibly he would break a smaller chain.

Both dogs are mean. 

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

OMG!

This chain is one of those huge ones. It is sad that they even use this kind of chain.  He is strong.  Possibly he would break a smaller chain.

Both dogs are mean. 

What is even more sad it the thought that a huge chain is needed at all.

Even light chain like this has a breaking strenght of 225 pounds.
image.thumb.png.1fae35221680a29c73899d43bc164b60.png

No water in the cage. The water for the chained dog is a 5 gallon bucket that is green from algae.

I don’t think these people have been home for 2 days. I just called dog control again. They are gonna do a well check on the dogs.

When these problem do show back up, I plan to tell them how much they suck as animal owners

C175D2CC-C0AE-4689-91CA-CCEF84FC69B0.jpeg

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

No water in the cage. The water for the chained dog is a 5 gallon bucket that is green from algae.

I don’t think these people have been home for 2 days. I just called dog control again. They are gonna do a well check on the dogs.

When these problem do show back up, I plan to tell them how much they suck as animal owners

C175D2CC-C0AE-4689-91CA-CCEF84FC69B0.jpeg

You could ask @Kzoo to check on the dogs.  I assume that is who does their lawn maintenance, based on this image.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You could ask @Kzoo to check on the dogs.  I assume that is who does their lawn maintenance, based on this image.

You can always tell how trashy people are by looking at their home and yard.  

They cut a chunk out of their deck that was rotted.  They threw it on the side of their home.  My husband said it would be there, until we moved.  At first I thought, no way...  

31 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don’t think these people have been home for 2 days.

I wonder if they have been away working on @Dottles's roof, so they should be back tomorrow????  We see they have solid repair skills, so Dottles has that going for him and his roof.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

They have a big mastiff/pit mix.  They leave this dog on the chain 27/7.  It is so sad.  Now, they have a second one that is in a kennel/cage.  The caged one's habitat is about 10x10. Two nights ago, those two dogs barked all night long.  All night.  From what I gather, the neighbors have not been home for 2 days.  I think the brother is coming to feed them, but I am not sure.

I reported them to dog control yesterday.  Additionally, I plan to tell them how idiotic they are, the next time I cross paths with them.  People are so irresponsible and selfish. 

I am very much looking forward to moving.  At least the new place has a lot more space. 

First complaint is a warning, a second complaint is a fine.  

New truck and a new house!  You're slipping DH. Next thing you're going to tell us is you've started eating Hostess donuts.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dottles said:

New truck and a new house!  You're slipping DH. Next thing you're going to tell us is you've started eating Hostess donuts.

I know.

We added about 6 months to our working life, at least.  

However, the new home is a mini home.  Most people don't build homes of this size.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dirtyhip said:

I know.

We added about 6 months to our working life, at least.  

However, the new home is a mini home.  Most people don't build homes of this size.

I'm proud of you guys. You're my inspiration.

What's the 'mini home' going to cost ya?  I know it's personal -- because no doubt you and hubby will be getting the swimming pool attachment -- but I am curious when I buy during the riskiest part of the economy and I lose -- I'm going to need a backup plan.

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'm proud of you guys. You're my inspiration.

What's the 'mini home' going to cost ya?  I know it's personal -- because no doubt you and hubby will be getting the swimming pool attachment -- but I am curious when I buy during the riskiest part of the economy and I lose -- I'm going to need a backup plan.

I am trying for 150K plus land and utilities.  Land was 50K, and I have to put in a septic.

220K for all said and done, I am hoping.

• Awesome 1

Hoping not to start a 'rage', but what would you like done with the dogs? Always best to have some solid positive suggestions, when one starts complaining about others.  I pray you never come by my place, as we don't always get stuff hauled off in a timely manner. I am also amazed how quickly the critters, particularly goats can scatter stuff from a 'neat' pile of things. We had to run one of our guard dogs with a chain and small tire to keep her from jumping the fence and leaving the sheep she was suppose to be guarding.  My sister had trouble accepting that practice, but a dog running loose can easily get hurt and into trouble in a heart beat. Our dogs have a kennel, but we are out with them during the day and night, but they don't get to run loose unsupervised for any length of time. Lad is the only house dog.

2 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Hoping not to start a 'rage', but what would you like done with the dogs? Always best to have some solid positive suggestions, when one starts complaining about others.  I pray you never come by my place, as we don't always get stuff hauled off in a timely manner. I am also amazed how quickly the critters, particularly goats can scatter stuff from a 'neat' pile of things. We had to run one of our guard dogs with a chain and small tire to keep her from jumping the fence and leaving the sheep she was suppose to be guarding.  My sister had trouble accepting that practice, but a dog running loose can easily get hurt and into trouble in a heart beat. Our dogs have a kennel, but we are out with them during the day and night, but they don't get to run loose unsupervised for any length of time. Lad is the only house dog.

I don't mind the day barking so much.  I want them to bring the animals in at night, like most loving pet owners.

You are not in the city.  I am willing to bet there is more space between you and the neighbors.  Here, we are very close to each other.  City lots are about 50x100.   If we open up the window, that dog sounds like it is right outside the window, cause he is.  

My new place has a ton of space between us and our closest neighbor.  

In regards to their fence and yard, it is not that big of a deal.  I just find that trashy behavior.  We have a junk pile too, behind our garage.  We have some stacks of metal and other random things.  It isn't where the neighbors have to look at it.  That is just lazy and weird.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am trying for 150K plus land and utilities.  Land was 50K, and I have to put in a septic.

220K for all said and done, I am hoping.

And the odd thing is that's a bargain!  That's what $220K buys you in KF, Oregon. You can add on another $100K or more for something in greater Seattle.  Gawd forbid if you want to purchase a manufactured home or a stick built home even.  They're selling a new manufactured home in Birch Bay, Washington for $315K.  In Birch Bay, Washington! That's like nowhere'sville.

We live in sick times.

46 minutes ago, Dottles said:

And the odd thing is that's a bargain!  That's what $220K buys you in KF, Oregon. You can add on another $100K or more for something in greater Seattle.  Gawd forbid if you want to purchase a manufactured home or a stick built home even.  They're selling a new manufactured home in Birch Bay, Washington for $315K.  In Birch Bay, Washington! That's like nowhere'sville.

We live in sick times.

1000 sq ft custom home on 2.5 acres with septic, and city water and electricity at property line. 

Someday, lettuce will be $20

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Do you guys have property taxes out there?  I think it's just state income, right?  We get drilled on property tax here.

Oh yes.  Property taxes for my home annually is about 1500.  I expect that to remain the same, cause the new place is county.  It's cheaper in the county.  My home will be worth more, but taxes should even it out with being accessed in the county, which is way cheaper. 

No sales tax, social security is taxed in OR (don't think it is in WA), we have significant property taxes and state income tax. 

I think we have alcohol tax, gas tax and other luxury taxes.  We tax medical insurance here, so to help the poor with medical care.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don't mind the day barking so much.  I want them to bring the animals in at night, like most loving pet owners.

You are not in the city.  I am willing to bet there is more space between you and the neighbors.  Here, we are very close to each other.  City lots are about 50x100.   If we open up the window, that dog sounds like it is right outside the window, cause he is.  

My new place has a ton of space between us and our closest neighbor.  

In regards to their fence and yard, it is not that big of a deal.  I just find that trashy behavior.  We have a junk pile too, behind our garage.  We have some stacks of metal and other random things.  It isn't where the neighbors have to look at it.  That is just lazy and weird.

Sounds like the dog owners don't even know basics about  good dog treatment.  No wonder why the dogs are mean/will attack.  

Question for you @Dirtyhip Does your county tax agricultural properties at a lower rate? A rural county south of here, has a reduced rate for agricultural properties. A friend lived there, put up a chicken coop and a small garden, got rezoned to AG and qualified for the lower rate. Lived there over ten years and never had the rating questioned. The chickens died off like the unfaithful animals they are . The coop stayed empty most of the time.

I miss having a dog, but I won't get one until I have the time to properly care for it.

Some people have no regard for the physical and psychological needs of pets - focusing solely on what the pets do for them.

Meanwhile, I've got my brother's dog Jake for company a couple times a week.

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I plan to tell them how idiotic they are, the next time I cross paths with them. 

Do you think they'll be open to your criticizing the way they care for the dogs?  They'll probably assume it was you that reported them if you tell them what type of idiots they are.  Letting animal control handle it anonymously might be the safest bet.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Question for you @Dirtyhip Does your county tax agricultural properties at a lower rate? A rural county south of here, has a reduced rate for agricultural properties. A friend lived there, put up a chicken coop and a small garden, got rezoned to AG and qualified for the lower rate. Lived there over ten years and never had the rating questioned. The chickens died off like the unfaithful animals they are . The coop stayed empty most of the time.

Yes.  Our new property is in the county tax area.  My current home is in the high tax zone/city.

Can't believe we found a lot that close to the city and my park.

• Awesome 1