I HATE NEWEGG!!!!!

Dirtyhip

I ordered an oximeter.  It has taken 2 months to get it.  It has taken so long to get it.  It arrived, yesterday.  It is garbage.  It will not work.  1/10 tries gives me a reading.

I tried to start a return.  It gave me a message that it was past the return period.  

So, I called the help line.  They made me listen to 3 minutes of ads that you had to opt out of with # and then it never connected.

AHHH!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Lots of Chineesium garbage out there, it’s best to order your Chineesium garbage from a company like Amazon that will stand behind it.

They are issuing a refund, via their supplier, Axe-tech.  They said 7 days.  

Amazon was out of them, when I ordered.  

I love newegg :)  what was the ship menthod? Was the shipping delay their fault? I ask because I've ordered several items from various placed, not newegg, but everything is arriving later than normal.  Is this your first bad experience with them? Sounds like it from the rant :D 

• Heart 1

medical type equipment - thermometers, oximeters, blood pressure readers, etc. are all hard to get right now, from any supplier, and you have to watch out for counterfeit items.  Hand sanitizer is the latest item that is being recalled.  The FDA has a list of more than 100 products that are contaminated or suspect.  It is best to order directly from a reputable manufacturer for these things now, if possible.

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I ordered an oximeter.  It has taken 2 months to get it.  It has taken so long to get it.  It arrived, yesterday.  It is garbage.  It will not work.  1/10 tries gives me a reading.

I tried to start a return.  It gave me a message that it was past the return period.  

So, I called the help line.  They made me listen to 3 minutes of ads that you had to opt out of with # and then it never connected.

AHHH!

I found a good one at a Rite Aide pharmacy - with a lot of help - for about $45 back when nobody had them (April?).

When my Johns Hopkins nurse-sister was nearly dying of COVID-19 but didn't want to go to the hospital - having top docs home and work phone numbers to consult with and her son and husband to wait on her - she sent me searching for a pulse oximeter.

I phoned a lot of pharmacies who were all out and then I called a Rite Aide one, where the person in the pharmacy area checked to see, said they were out. and then VERY kindly suggested, "Do you want me to put you in touch with our store manager?"

He was great and asked me to hold for several minutes while he called all the Rite Aides in our county north of Annapolis.  He found one that had one, a 20 minute drive away, I got it, gave it to my sister, and she -used to using them frequently at Johns Hopkins- said it worked fine.

I have this one:

http://www.contecmed.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=128&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=592

It seems to work well.  I do not leave the batteries in it when it is not in use though, or it can drain them.

Good luck finding one in stock now though, and, if you do, it will probably be priced a lot higher than the $20 I paid when I got mine.

18 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Lots of Chineesium garbage out there, it’s best to order your Chineesium garbage from a company like Amazon that will stand behind it.

Forget Amazon...I went to the source, AliExpress. They don't have oximeters either. I have had good luck ordering from China/Hong Kong, but primarily security cameras and other equipment. What I find amazing as I track shipping, thanks to the International Date Line, it  arrives in the US and clears customs hours BEFORE the plane departed from China.:D