Fast food trash

Sharpy

Litterbugs are the lowest of the low.

Not litterbugs however one of my neighbors do not cook. They bring home fast food or have it delivered three meals a day. All three are well over 100 pounds overweight. They have to pay for a second large garbage can. We seldom fill up one.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, Sharpy said:

Is it written on the bags of fast food that you have to throw the bag with all your trash out your car window when done eating?I seen all kinds of that on my ride today.

The belief that we owe anything to our society continues to decline.

Back in 1967 in high school, I began to work nights in a fast food place where the part timers got 1/2 paid lunch if they worked 5 hours. So the manager would look at the parking lot and if it was pretty clean, tell me to punch-out after 4 1/2 hours.  If it was littered, I'd be kept on another 1/2 hour to clean it and then be paid for another half hour while I ate for free.

So, every time someone I knew came in to order, I'd ask them to throw their trash on the parking lot.  5 1/2 hours at the great wage of $1.25/hr was a lot more than 4 1/2 hours!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Back in 1967 in high school, I began to work nights in a fast food place where the part timers got 1/2 paid lunch if they worked 5 hours. So the manager would look at the parking lot and if it was pretty clean, tell me to punch-out after 4 1/2 hours.  If it was littered, I'd be kept on another 1/2 hour to clean it and then be paid for another half hour while I ate for free.

So, every time someone I knew came in to order, I'd ask them to throw their trash on the parking lot.  5 1/2 hours at the great wage of $1.25/hr was a lot more than 4 1/2 hours!

Did you ever dreamt being such an enabler? :whistle:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

The belief that we owe anything to our society continues to decline.

Job security..

Good job

• Haha 1

Back in high school....we happened to get really hungry and cruised through McD's drive thru. Heading on down the road, a guy who didn't normally hang with us tossed his crap out the window. The driver stopped about a 1/4 mile later and told the guy to go get the trash.

The guy was a bit confused. The driver explained, we don't litter, go pick it up and get back in the car, or just get out, your choice.

The litterbug told be later that was a life changing event, he had never given a thought to littering before, he had plenty of time on the 1/2 mile walk to contemplate that litter annoyed some folks...

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

12 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

@Sharpywhat part of the country are you in? I’ve noticed that it is more prevalent depending on where you live. Here in NoVA you see that type of roadside rubbish now and then. When I lived near Cincinnati it was everywhere. 

Ohio