For Airehead

Parsnip Totin Jack

1 hour ago, Old No. 7 said:

Hoping you feel more better. Here’s some pictures for you 

F985EA7A-E82C-4807-9BAD-2D482A047CFA.jpeg

9FB7285A-9F03-45AA-B53A-AA41F2EEDE6A.jpeg

FC5D8EFF-B54F-4417-B043-6BF737F38E95.jpeg

Since I am allergic to seafood, I am probably pretty ignorant about this, but tell me that doesn't look like a box of crabs that shit all over themselves and the box.  I am not trying to crap all over this (pun intended), but certainly there has to be a way to make them look more appetizing, right?

6 hours ago, Dickbag with Lard said:

Since I am allergic to seafood, I am probably pretty ignorant about this, but tell me that doesn't look like a box of crabs that shit all over themselves and the box.  I am not trying to crap all over this (pun intended), but certainly there has to be a way to make them look more appetizing, right?

I can’t change how you look at it. For crab lovers they look very attractive. I’m eating what’s on the inside. 

11 hours ago, Dickbag with Lard said:

4 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I can’t change how you look at it. For crab lovers they look very attractive. I’m eating what’s on the inside. 

So why does it look like they shit on everything in the box, is that something they generally do?

12 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Do the Wegmans near you carry the Old Bay hot sauce yet?

No not yet and with Maryland closed to NY folks I haven't been home to get some.  Looks delicious.  Less itchy today but have a Benadryl handover

20 minutes ago, Dickbag with Lard said:

So why does it look like they shit on everything in the box, is that something they generally do?

Lol, that’s not shit, that’s Old Bay seasoning. They dump cups of it on the crabs when they start steaming them. It’s tasty shit!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Lol, that’s not shit, that’s Old Bay seasoning. They dump cups of it on the crabs when they start steaming them. It’s tasty shit!

Wait, they steam them in boxes?  This cockroach of the sea stuff is all very confusing!

Can I use the seasoning on other stuff, or is it mostly just seafoody?

• Heart 1

They’re not steamed in boxes. They’re steamed in pots, like stock pots. A big stainless pot with a rack in the bottom to elevate the sea cockroaches above the liquid. You don’t want to boil them, they aren’t good that way. Liquid can be water but you get more better flavor with vinegar and a few cans of beer. Bring to a boil. Add the live crabs on top and dump a ton of Old Bay on them. Put the lid on and steam them for about 20 minutes. Remove from pot, pick and eat. The box was for take out from Captain Pells in Fairfax. You can use Old Bay on anything you want. Steamed shrimp, popcorn, etc. Vienna Inn adds it to their fries. Good stuff from the land of pleasant living. I usually go to the Southwest waterfront in DC for crabs. Tell the man what you want, jumbo or large Jimmy’s (males) or sooks (females). Take the bag of crabs around the corner and they’ll steam them there for you free. Tip the man and you’ll get more seasoning and better treatment. Buy some half shell oysters while you wait for your crabs. It’s a good time on the waterfront.

21DFCE6B-2031-4CC8-98D4-73B14EFD0E21.jpeg

0824DA6C-10C5-4932-9E80-E245DA9BCD0D.jpeg

• Awesome 1

My discovery of Old Bay

Family vacation in a condo somewhere in the Carolina's. We had a full kitchen and there was a seafood place where they unloaded the boats and sold the catch right down the street.

My sis in law and I went shopping. Scallops, fresh from the ocean scallops, and shrimp, lots of shrimp.

The man doing the selling had an accent, a strong accent, we really couldn't understand him, but he was holding a can of Old Bay and smiling and sounded knowledgeable.

We bought the Old Bay

We put the Old Bay and some butter on the scallops and broiled them.

That was a long time ago and I still remember those scallops, best I ever had.

I've been the owner of a can or two of Old Bay ever since 

• Heart 1