For @roadsue and other educators

Airehead

3 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I’ve visited Alcatraz. My school building is no Alcatraz. 

:)

During it's operative time?

You don't see the likelihood of "playing prison guard" all day in an attempt to enforce the rules to keep kids "safe"?  I imagine teaching is always a bit of that, but usually, most things can be ignored as no one's life or family's life is at risk if a kid is wearing a tank top or singing loudly before class starts.  Annoying? Sure. Not really dangerous though.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

:)

During it's operative time?

You don't see the likelihood of "playing prison guard" all day in an attempt to enforce the rules to keep kids "safe"?  I imagine teaching is always a bit of that, but usually, most things can be ignored as no one's life or family's life is at risk if a kid is wearing a tank top or singing loudly before class starts.  Annoying? Sure. Not really dangerous though.

I have a high threshold for shenanigans, anyway. But, the good news is the families who reject science and being neighborly have transferred their children to the neighborhood Christian school.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, roadsue said:

I have a high threshold for shenanigans, anyway. But, the good news is the families who reject science and being neighborly have transferred their children to the neighborhood Christian school.

Those kids and their families will still shop at your grocery stores, mingle with the kids in the public schools, and tie up the healthcare resources of your town :(

But hey, their parents will at least get a little "adult time" back :D 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Those kids and their families will still shop at your grocery stores, mingle with the kids in the public schools, and tie up the healthcare resources of your town

Just doing it the Lord's way.