Just learned that our FSA plan does not include prescription eyewear.

2Far

This is the proverbial straw. They're really hard to deal with, need documentation for almost every charge except for at the pharmacy. I mean WTF could I buy at the cardiologist that isn't a legitimate charge?? The dentist? I get it, There are some cosmetic stuff not covered, but the cardiologist or the ophthalmologist?

Bastiges.

The eyewear coverage we have with Blue Cross Blue Shield doesn't save us much when you consider the cost of the premium.

I got screwed with the dental coverage too when I got my implants.  They had to reconstruct some bone in my jaw.  They called that cosmetic even though the procedure was mandatory to get the implants. 

9 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I supplement the nice package I get from Blue Cross that does not include vision plan from VSP that does not cost much.

I've got VSP (through work for a few $$$ a month). Cheap. Easy to use. And takes the bite out of a eye doctor appt & new glasses, but barely use it, so probably a push.

• Heart 1

Sorry to hear. I have wonderful coverage now but have had crappy coverage in the past so feel your pain.

This year I signed up for a HDHP plan (High Deductible Health plan) with a really low premium and enrolled in an FSA with employer match. I contribute the amount saved by enrolling in the HDHP into the FSA so I don’t feel the difference but... So far I haven’t spent any out of pocket $ on any meds or check ups as my contribution + employer match covered it all.  So it feels like I’m saving a ton as I’d be out of pocket several hundred by now.

I’m really grateful for the coverage and the advice given by our Benefits team.