What's Your Working Status?

Razors Edge

...right now - especially with regards to COVID changes?

• Working from home (full time) before and during COVID
  • Working from home (part time) before and during COVID
  • Working from home (part time) before but full time during COVID
  • Working from work - always and forever
  • Retired (truly)
  • Retired (pretend) - the BR46 option
  • Working from work, then working from home, and back to working from work
  • Working (anywhere) before COVID but no longer employed due to COVID
  • Working (anywhere) before COVID but on indefinite furlough
  • Work is for losers

We're still in the "Working from home (part time) before but full time during COVID", and for some crappy reason, they refuse to give us a "return to the office" date, so we can't take advantage of the option to work remotely at the place of our choosing.

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I was work from work before Covid. 
I am split now between office and home, alternating every two weeks.

i am on vacation next week.

I hope you get stuck in Hawaii and have to stay there for three months lounging quarantining on the beach!

Started working from home for COVID  Occasional trips to the office to use my lab.  Our return to work date was two weeks ago, but voluntary, so, no.  Still working from home.  I've noticed that most of the people that chose to go back to the office are now home again.

But I'll be on vacation - I mean sick - next weekend.  Then probably out of work after that.

Just now, Kzoo said:

9 months off then back at it next year.  It sounds like a great gig.

I wasn't planning on working this year but when the covid thing hit Wo46 put off her retirement plans. I thought what the hell might as well do it again. 

23 minutes ago, Airehead said:

This except now I work from the office all day AND several hours at  home each night. 

This was my life until I retired back in 2017.   Essentially... work and work and work some more, eat something...   sleep for a while until the phone rang at 2:00 AM worked some more.  :huh:

Now...  

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Retired (truly)

Until...   our friends convinced WoBG and I to join the planning committee for the 2020 Alzheimer's Walk for LaSalle County.  (now it's a virtual walk, where you walk your own route)  

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

9 months off then back at it next year.  It sounds like a great gig.

After our last race in Michigan there were a few sidecar teams that want me to do some fabrication for them over winter. And a team asked about me building a motor for them. 

It's a catch 22....I'm racing against the same people who want me to make their sidecars faster. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, BR46 said:

After our last race in Michigan there were a few sidecar teams that want me to do some fabrication for them over winter. And a team asked about me building a motor for them. 

It's a catch 22....I'm racing against the same people who want me make their sidecars faster. 

Then again... I'll guess this kind of work, would be WAY more satisfying that the job you have now.   You may not consider it work....    

42 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Then again... I'll guess this kind of work, would be WAY more satisfying that the job you have now.   You may not consider it work....    

I don't consider it work.  I get to tinker in the garage when it's 5° outside, listen to the blues and if I want to have a beer while working the boss dosen't mind. 

Some people build birdhouses I build race motors.

43 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I don't consider it work.  I get to tinker in the garage when it's 5° outside, listen to the blues and if I want to have a beer while working the boss dosen't mind. 

Some people build birdhouses I build race motors.

There you go.... Now you just need to figure out how much money you can extract make from the other race teams.  You would be doing something you love to do and get paid...  :)

• Heart 1