maddmaxx

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Buy a portable generator of at least 2000 watts. As many can attest, doing so ensures that you won't have a power outage ever again. And if you do, you can run your fridge and a few other small electrical devices.

I bought a generator after sandy and it has been very useful. 

• Heart 1

We were very lucky in Central Maryland: 5" of rain for several hours but high winds for only a couple hours and few downed trees/broken power lines.

In August 2011 we got a lot of rain and wind and I was without power for 3 days.  I learned my refrigerator would stay cold for three days if I rarely opened it.  It was August so I didn't need heat.  My gas range worked and tap water worked so I was able to eat and drink.  I had a battery, emergency TV and battery-powered lamp and watched a little TV and read books a little.

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

They are making some progress.   283K is still a lot of problems.     (not sure if there are other electric utilities in CT)    https://outagemap.eversource.com/external/default.html

image.thumb.png.aea7fe8b5344a5d18fe9b10cecc6762f.png

Hmmm.  I am embarrassed to say that once my power came back on I stopped worrying about the rest of the state.  I was out yesterday getting stuff to refill my fridge and there are places that look like a bomb went off and other places where folks are wondering what all the fuss was about.