7 grand doesn't go far anymore

Square Wheels

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

The bricks at the top were crumbling, I thought that's all it needed.  They replaced those, pulled out the collapsed flue, replaced it with stainless, redid the top, put on the cap to keep the birds out.

What is the flue for? Fireplace, gas furnace, wood burning fireplace (probably not allowed in Mass?)

wow.  That seems expensive. 

I am so thankful that my man is so handy.  I think over the years, he has saved us over 100,000. Possibly more.  

Never forget when he fixed our sewer line with a cuff sleeve thing.  The plumber wanted 3000+ for a new line.  They kept digging lazily, and standing over the shovels while being paid per hour.  He fired them, dug up the line, fixed it and it has worked great for a long while now.   Also, the water heater went out recently.  He went and bought a new one, and we were operational in a few hours. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

He went and bought a new one, and we were operational in a few hours. 

You don't have a basement do you?  It takes longer to get that old dead thing out of the basement than it does to install the new one.

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You don't have a basement do you?  It takes longer to get that old dead thing out of the basement than it does to install the new one.

Oh hell no.  Crawl spaces are more common here.

The new home won't have a basement either.  I don't like basements.  They seem to have issues with water, foundation, and other maladies.

1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

What is the flue for? Fireplace, gas furnace, wood burning fireplace (probably not allowed in Mass?)

Gas furnace and gas water heater are now going up stainless as compared to collapsed flue.

Birds were removed - alive.

Old flue was removed.

Gas fireplace was already running up another stainless running through the chimney, that was fine.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1