18 for 3 tiny tacos

Dirtyhip

Just now, Randomguy said:

I have a feeling these tacos have scarred her for a while.  I know I feel bad about spending for tacos, they do want a fortune for them these days!

That’s why I dine at the Old#7 taco mart down the hall from my office. Custom made the way YOU like them. The beer is always good.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

DH is feeling bougie after paying cash for land. The lord and lady are out and about.

You can only buy bare land with cash, unless you do owner carry. Banks usually will not loan on just dirt. I would have needed to tie it up with a construction loan.

Cash is 🤴 if you want things done quickly and with less complications.

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have a feeling these tacos have scarred her for a while.  I know I feel bad about spending for tacos, they do want a fortune for them these days!

Yes. Very upsetting.

she got a 25% tip tho

Hipster joint so you can expect high prices.  Lulus for the Love of Food?  Has a chef, executive chef?  

Scott & Lisa Thorsen -Owners

Lisa -Executive Chef

Curtis - Kithcen manager, Executive chef

Kiah -Manager, Bartender, Barista, Server,prep

Raia -Server,  Barista, Bartender

Katie -Server, Barista

Sal - Bartender, Barista, Server

Lynn-Server, Barista, Bartender

Cierra - Barista, Server

Beau - Bartender, Barista, Server

Tyson-Dishwasher, Prep

Brandon-Dishwasher, Prep

Rod - Prep

3 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

That’s why I dine at the Old#7 taco mart down the hall from my office. Custom made the way YOU like them. The beer is always good.

We were in the downtown bougie area. Not sure where they keep the Authentic hole in the wall taco places.

My tacos were made by white people. 🙍🏼‍♀️🙍🏼

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Hipster joint so you can expect high prices.  Lulus for the Love of Food?  Has a chef, executive chef?  

Scott & Lisa Thorsen -Owners

Lisa -Executive Chef

Curtis - Kithcen manager, Executive chef

Kiah -Manager, Bartender, Barista, Server,prep

Raia -Server,  Barista, Bartender

Katie -Server, Barista

Sal - Bartender, Barista, Server

Lynn-Server, Barista, Bartender

Cierra - Barista, Server

Beau - Bartender, Barista, Server

Tyson-Dishwasher, Prep

Brandon-Dishwasher, Prep

Rod - Prep

At a Mexican Restaurant I want my executive chef named Guadalupe  or Hector, not Lisa or Scott. 

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I should have went for a plate of benets. I think that is how they spell fancy donut. 

Served with artisanal hand spun heavy cream by a guy with a waxed mustache, a full sleeve of tats and a name like Gareth.  All for just $27.00 

• Haha 1

The Chipotle like take out place near me charges $9 and change for 3 soft shell or hard shell tacos of reasonable size, and a side of chips and salsa.  It might be slightly more if you get the sliced beef.

But if you want a nice atmosphere and service, you're paying for more than just the tacos, and that can be fine too.

On our trip to Mexico City about 8 years ago, we ordered blue tortillas filled with whatever the customer before ordered from the elderly lady street vendor. The same trip my daughter ordered some pastries for the bus ride to the pyramids, and was disgusted to find out the filling was salmon. 

• Haha 1