Friday = Junk Food Night

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

17 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Three of those ingredients would be hard to find here.

Same here - that’s what the internet is for. I order these because I can’t get them here...except for the Asian grocery....and I like these better.

Shockingly, my shitty LGS has TWO varieties of gochujang. :wacko: They had a bunch in the “blowout bin” and every time I went in, I’d think “I ought to grab one...”. We ended up with about four bottles in the cupboard. It was a running joke about me being a gochjujang hoarder.

Honey or corn syrup can be subbed for the Korean rice syrup.

4 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I had veggies over angel hair - very good!  Roasted red peppers, broccoli raab with garlic, fresh tomato, cuke, and jalapeno/banana/green pepper, scallions, and olives.

You lost me at “cuke”. Only one letter away from “puke”.

The only suitable uses for cucumbers are pickles or Tzatziki

Besides this is junk food night. Take your healthy shit and GTFO

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I had veggies over angel hair - very good!  Roasted red peppers, broccoli raab with garlic, fresh tomato, cuke, and jalapeno/banana/green pepper, scallions, and olives.

Exact same here, except ground beef and spaghetti sauce instead of all those vegetables. And whole wheat thin spaghetti instead of Angel Hair. 

Washed down by Truly. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Exact same here, except ground beef and spaghetti sauce instead of all those vegetables. And whole wheat thin spaghetti instead of Angel Hair. 

Washed down by Truly. 

This is a step in the right direction, but Jesus, don’t you people pay any attention at all to the five basic food groups??? A balanced diet consists of:

<bullets>

• fat
  • salt
  • sugar
  • preservatives
  • alcohol

</bullets>

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Wet ground, little yard work, went shopping, decided to buy easy-to-make dinners for the next week, hoping to get a lot of yard work done and then will probably not feel like cooking.

So I got the Costco's uncooked, fresh meatloaf meal with about 2 lb of excellent meatloaf and 2 lb mashed potatoes for $3.99/lb.  Green beans or peas or corn with be eaten with it.  It's baking now, right in it's plastic tray (plastic top removed, tented with Al-foil), sitting on a tray in the oven.

773255400_meatloafandmashedpotatoesCostco4lb3.99perlb.thumb.jpg.704c24df8a66dfa84fadbac7638015f4.jpg

It will make 4 meals like this, adding a soft drink and something chocolate for dessert:

299665207_MeatloafMashedPotatoesGreenBeans2020_03_28.thumb.jpg.f51613d7268ca86cc90c3c4a7f59a19c.jpg

Since 4 days in a row is probably  too much, I also got 2 lb. of crab-stuffed salmon filets at Costco, $7.99/lb and 4 per package.  I'll freeze two and bake two in a day or two - which will make two meals with potatoes or mac & cheese and a green veggie or maybe stewed tomatoes, to alternate a little with the meatloaf.  Covered with butter it's like lobster with crab stuffing in the middle!

20200322_192125.thumb.jpg.5ea57617c80a17c2c260838611a82641.jpg 1941293333_CostcoStuffedSalmon.thumb.jpeg.e8055896f748feee0b6dc6c91bf3b533.jpeg

3 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

This is a step in the right direction, but Jesus, don’t you people pay any attention at all to the five basic food groups??? A balanced diet consists of:

<bullets>

• fat
  • salt
  • sugar
  • preservatives
  • alcohol

</bullets>

4 outta 5 ain’t bad. I’ll tell BuffCarla we need more preservatives. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I had vegetables with mystery meat. I think it was sliced pork loin but I didn’t label it when I packed it in freezer bags, I just put the date.  
I cubed the meat, added half dozen cloves of fresh garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, red peppers from the garden, zucchini from the garden, red and yellow tomatoes from the garden. I would have added corn from the garden but my wife has had issues with corn lately.  Coarse black pepper and a shot of Catalina dressing. It turned out good. I added Tabasco to mine. 

• Heart 3

Just now, smudge said:

We did junk food Friday. I ate 2 orders of chicken fries in the truck while sitting in the drive-thru line waiting for my strawberry cheesecake Blizzard. HoSmudge had a brownie batter Blizzard and fries. 

The Mrs. and I had our first Blizzards in many years on Thursday night.  Seems like they cut down in the amount of candy they put in.  She had Heath and I decided on Butterfinger over Heath at the last minute.  Those two are always neck and neck for me.  A surprisingly good one I had years ago was Pumpkin Pie.  The graham cracker crust really made it. :)

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I had vegetables with mystery meat. I think it was sliced pork loin but I didn’t label it when I packed it in freezer bags, I just put the date.  
I cubed the meat, added half dozen cloves of fresh garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, red peppers from the garden, zucchini from the garden, red and yellow tomatoes from the garden. I would have added corn from the garden but my wife has had issues with corn lately.  Coarse black pepper and a shot of Catalina dressing. It turned out good. I added Tabasco to mine. 

My wife actually liked that dinner. Asked me to make it with chicken tonight. I had mushrooms and portabellas in the stuff I made last night. I didn’t have any for in it tonight. It still tasted pretty good.

5C92110F-454C-4C6D-A96D-7E814CB7A860.jpeg.6293f47729e9e6c850f285984e067751.jpeg

• Heart 1