4 AM is the new wake up time

petitepedal

26 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I am never that motivated in the morning. 

I am just the opposite.  Work used to let me come in as early as 4am.  It was amazing how much I could get done before everyone else staggered in about 8am and began to request support for their problems.  I could do the heavy concentration tasks like ckt board design or prototype assembly or even complete purchase orders for boms that folks needed using online shopping.  At 8, suddenly the managers wanted to hold meetings so they could be informed of what the worker bees were doing before they went upstairs to attend meetings to inform their bosses what the worker bees were doing before the upper bosses could report to headquarters what the worker bees were doing.  Many of the worker bees became entrapped in all day meetings answering questions about what they were doing.  It was hard to stay awake during those meetings but at least I got a day's work done in those first 4 hours before the "real business" began.  I learned to become motivated early in the morning.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

It's amazing what you can do before everybody else is up.

Can confirm: have fed dog, made bed, emptied dishwasher, did remaining dishes, cleaned stove, eaten a bagel, adjusted levers on the Slate and recharged my carbonated water (having CO2 for beer makes it real easy to have soda water, too)....and posted some drivel...all before 7AM.

....now, what else am I going to do?

Edit: looks like “go to camp”

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Can confirm: have fed dog, made bed, emptied dishwasher, did remaining dishes, cleaned stove, eaten a bagel, adjusted levers on the Slate and recharged my carbonated water (having CO2 for beer makes it real easy to have soda water, too)....and posted some drivel...all before 7AM.

Back from the store.  Empty bottle/can return and a couple more things to restock the fridge.  8am nap time.  :lol:

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Camp is social distancing on Steroids. Wish I had one. 

I tend to set an alarm for at least 45 minutes before I really want to get up because I love waking up slowly and maybe listening to the radio a bit before I actually have to get up.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Seems like for months..I was waking up at 2AM...but lately..it has been 4 :wacko: Tossing and turning..wanting at least another hour or two...doesnt seem worth it at 4..like it does at 2 :whistle:

I've also been waking up later when I wake early - more like 5 am - and I agree, it doesn't seem worth it to go back to sleep so I find other things to occupy my time for a couple hours before I eat breakfast.