So is it written somewhere that every shed must have a groundhog living under it?

Ralphie

Yeah, I don’t think we have those around here! But wait!  A big ass yellow cat just chased it away and then slinked under the shed. I think the groundhog just got evicted. :D

I wonder if smudge has one yet?

I just checked, and the badger’s range is close, maybe western pa.  Longjohn, ever come across one?

36 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Longjohn, ever come across one?

I haven’t, a lot of talk about them.

37 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I think the wolves chased them away.

Dottie needs one for under his pellet shed if he wants to get top dollar when he sells his place.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I haven’t, a lot of talk about them.

I think the wolves chased them away.

Dottie needs one for under his pellet shed if he wants to get top dollar when he sells his place.

Wolves, or coyotes?? :D

Our sheds at camp have red squirrels to contend with. We've seen a badger up there once, and there are numerous badger holes all over the place. But it's pretty much red squirrels for us.

• Heart 1

54 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yeah, I don’t think we have those around here! But wait!  A big ass yellow cat just chased it away and then slinked under the shed. I think the groundhog just got evicted. :D

I just checked, and the badger’s range is close, maybe western pa.  Longjohn, ever come across one?

I had a "neighbor". She made a nest in the peak of the porch roof. Pretty sure she had a nest with babies in there. I could hear the rustling around at night while we slept. I don't think she's there any more. It's actually a great spot for a squirrel nest. I wonder if the hawk who's always there got her.

On 8/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, smudge said:

I wonder if the hawk who's always there got her.

We have a pair of hawks who nest at the college every year. 

Friday as I was walking out, I spotted one of the juveniles, sitting on a roof, squawking his guts out. “Moooom.....I’m hungry.....moooom, can we get a pizza...?”

1ECD6D1D-88A5-4B43-8271-64B5F5658B03.thumb.jpeg.9913d7eb1faf1bccde6c9cd59a57415f.jpeg

About ten yards further is a real steep slope - there are stairs, but I shortcut down the lawn. There was a woodchuck poking his head out of the hillside and I told him to get his fat ass back in. He was less than 20 yards from the hawk.

• Heart 1