High school senior debaters

shootingstar

This is also for roadsue who has facilitated the art of analysis and debate for her students:  https://nationalpost.com/news/the-future-of-debate-looks-bright-thanks-to-canadas-high-school-world-champs/wcm/9f5da2b5-d75e-4cf8-adc8-5b5be5168f46/  Yay, for teachers like roadsue.

When I was in high school, in my crowd of bright students, we saw the debating team as sort of a geeky, remote thing that didn't interest most of us.  In fact, I believe in that little school club was less than 10 kids. Yes, they were academically very good students. There was only 1 girl in that group.  She was Korean-Canadian and never socialized with any, not any of us girls who were also academically bright but quite social and into various interests -- books, certain sports, art,  However she seemed to us, really into chemistry and math, scoring very high marks.  (Ironically my sisters scored just as high but I didn't view sisters as geeks and isolated  They were also social gals.) 

Fast forward a few decades- one of the guys is a lawyer in New York.  For the girl, she did her Masters or PhD in biochemistry  and...then got her law degree.  She is a lawyer with a Boston firm where she seems to specialize in high tech, patents, etc.