My work platform for the next couple days

Kzoo

Back in my construction days we did so many stupid things.  Ladders on scaffolding with ladders on tops of that.  Set the stagging around the outside of the house with the planks sometimes spanning 12 - 14 feet - way up in the air.  I cannot believe I came out of it alive.

About 10 years ago when we had our roof redone (I did far more roofing than I care to remember), they tied themselves off to clamps they put at the top of the roof.  Our front pitch is a 12, nearly impossible to walk up.  I was impressed for their concern for their safety.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Back in my construction days we did so many stupid things.  Ladders on scaffolding with ladders on tops of that.  Set the stagging around the outside of the house with the planks sometimes spanning 12 - 14 feet - way up in the air.  I cannot believe I came out of it alive.

About 10 years ago when we had our roof redone (I did far more roofing than I care to remember), they tied themselves off to clamps they put at the top of the roof.  Our front pitch is a 12, nearly impossible to walk up.  I was impressed for their concern for their safety.

Yes, I have never noticed any roofers with fall protection systems. I used to stand in the roof to paint the stupid trim before I got it capped. That was a royal pita. 

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

they tied themselves off to clamps they put at the top of the roof.  Our front pitch is a 12, nearly impossible to walk up.  I was impressed for their concern for their safety.

I had some friends come over and help me replace my roof after a tornado. One of them brought seat harnesses for everyone and ropes. I wasn’t planning on using them but it was nice to know we were not going to fall to our death.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1