Lo-fi listeners, which music service?

MoseySusan

Pandora.  I tried Spotify a while back, but the application was invasive.  It wanted to run in the background all the time.  Even after I removed it I was still finding pieces running.  I opted to pay for Pandora for the extras you got with a subscription, but then I couldn't play on two different devices at the same time.  Made no sense, and since I'll put it on the house and in the garage at the same time, I canceled it.  The ads aren't that bad, I don't think.

Apple Music - but only because I get it for five bucks a month, since I’m a student. :whistle:

Tried Pandora way back when it was new and it tipped me to a whole bunch of new artists....and then started playing the same old shit over and over.

Apple Music’s Al Gore Rhythm kind of sucks. Every Friday I get a new music playlist. Most of them go in the -meh- bin and pretty much all the rest go in the “Oh my god, never play this again or I’ll jam knitting needles in my ears” list. Rarely does anything get moved to the “Shit To Listen To” list.

Some of the “...because you like X, here’s Y” selections have been OK.

@Rick5234 - Thanks for the tip about Spotify. If I found that shit I would rage so hard.

• Heart 1

We use CDs the most.  Pandora from time to time (60s, 70s & 80s music).  Not too often.... we still have vinyl records and a turntable that works just fine.

Yeah we are old.  

If we ever buy a new car.  I'll have to rip our CDs to a USB drive or one of our cell phones.  Many new cars don't have CD players. :(

3 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

If we ever buy a new car.  I'll have to rip our CDs to a USB drive or one of our cell phones.  Many new cars don't have CD players. :(

My car is really odd.  The radio sounds good.  USB music sounds poor, as does music copied from CD directly to the car.  CDs also sound poor.  Sirius sounds decent.

My car is the last year BMW will offer a CD player, mine is actually a DVD player in case you want to watch a tiny little movie, when the car is stopped.