A room with a view

jsharr

What is a TIA?

A Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) is often called a mini-stroke, but it’s really a major warning.

TIA is a temporary blockage of blood flow to the brain. Since it doesn’t cause permanent damage, it’s often ignored. But this is a big mistake. TIAs may signal a full-blown stroke ahead.

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

is that the same hospital that had the nice room with a sort of patio onto an indoor garden area?

I hope Mom is doing ok today.

yes.  Same place just across the hall.  Interior rooms open on lobby with fountan,  Most exterior rooms look out on the water.   Nice facility, great staff, nurses, etc.   Just the neurolgoy department sucks.

Any know of a good neurologist for TIA that seem to be neurological instead of circulation triggered?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

yes.  Same place just across the hall.  Interior rooms open on lobby with fountan,  Most exterior rooms look out on the water.   Nice facility, great staff, nurses, etc.   Just the neurolgoy department sucks.

Any know of a good neurologist for TIA that seem to be neurological instead of circulation triggered?

Sorry to hear, praying for a good outcome.

When we spent several days in the Hospital with my FIL I learned a lot about strokes & TIA’s but didn’t know they could be neurological events. I thought they were vascular.