8/9 Miles

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

Today’s ride was measured in “canals” not miles and the answer is “4”. Took the Erie Canal towpath to Higginsville where the old “Sidecut” (Oneida Lake Canal #1) came in and followed that for a ways. Did a little out-and-back to the “new” Erie Canal aka “Barge Canal” because the bridge that goes over it is closed. Then said “WTH” and picked up a bit of the “new” Old Oneida Lake Canal (#2) .

1623546514_PNGimage.thumb.png.4d0cf011d217f809379d6f26395a3c61.png

...and if you’re going to be pedantic, the mileage was 24.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Today’s ride was measured in “canals” not miles and the answer is “4”. Took the Erie Canal towpath to Higginsville where the old “Sidecut” (Oneida Lake Canal #1) came in and followed that for a ways. Did a little out-and-back to the “new” Erie Canal aka “Barge Canal” because the bridge that goes over it is closed. Then said “WTH” and picked up a bit of the “new” Old Oneida Lake Canal (#2) .

1623546514_PNGimage.thumb.png.4d0cf011d217f809379d6f26395a3c61.png

...and if you’re going to be pedantic, the mileage was 24.

I think we did about 17 miles and 2200 ft of climbing this morning.   We explored some new stuff that is up behind the new property in a zone that is kinda rugged jeep trails.  It was quite steep and techy with some rocks.  This one section of the downhill goes over this field of these rounded baby head rocks.  They just want to go, and the bike goes with it.  That section was really hard.  I almost dumped it once.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I stopped twice on yesterday's 64 mile ride to buy water & pop.

I usually do - I’d much rather not carry a bunch of crap - but I’ve started being more self-sufficient because of Cooties.

Besides, options are few and far between on this route.

• Heart 1