WTB

team scooter

My wife won't let me get a steel guitar, so I want to buy a mid 60's silver sparkle Telecaster instead. I don't know how to play, I just want one. Its my favorite Fender Guitar in the whole world. Maybe I'll hang it over the fireplace. :nod head: 

Not surprisingly, my wife thinks I'm nuts. Shes not the boss of me. :whistle:

• Heart 2

My wife won't let me get a steel guitar, so I want to buy a mid 60's silver sparkle Telecaster instead. I don't know how to play, I just want one. Its my favorite Fender Guitar in the whole world. Maybe I'll hang it over the fireplace. :nod head:

Not surprisingly, my wife thinks I'm nuts. Shes not the boss of me. :whistle:

Yes she is.  And the sooner you figure that out, the happier you both will be.

• Heart 2

My next guitar will be a Tele'.  (if I ever get another).  But this is a slippery slope you are getting into.  Once you buy the guitar you're gonna need an amp.  But you will want to save money so you will get a little practice amp.  But that won't provide the sound you are looking for so you will need a bigger amp.  Then to tweak your sound you will want some effects.  Then to play certain solos you are going to have to get a wah-wah pedal.  Then you will want an old classic sound to go with your classic guitar so you will find an old tube style Fender amp.  Then you will want to play a few acoustic songs  so you will buy a cheap acoustic guitar.  Then you will realize that cheap acoustic guitars suck so you will buy a nice acoustic.  Then you will realize that once you start playing out that you need a back up so you buy another tele.  ...

Don't ask me how I know any of this.

• Heart 1

My next guitar will be a Tele'.  (if I ever get another).  But this is a slippery slope you are getting into.  Once you buy the guitar you're gonna need an amp.  But you will want to save money so you will get a little practice amp.  But that won't provide the sound you are looking for so you will need a bigger amp.  Then to tweak your sound you will want some effects.  Then to play certain solos you are going to have to get a wah-wah pedal.  Then you will want an old classic sound to go with your classic guitar so you will find an old tube style Fender amp.  Then you will want to play a few acoustic songs  so you will buy a cheap acoustic guitar.  Then you will realize that cheap acoustic guitars suck so you will buy a nice acoustic.  Then you will realize that once you start playing out that you need a back up so you buy another tele.  ...

Don't ask me how I know any of this.

Shhh! The wife might be listening. ;)

I already have a vintage Fender Princeton amp all picked out. Then I'll need to soundproof the basement so the neighbors won't lynch me. :whistle:  

Sadly the Tele I was looking to buy just sold. So the search continues....

• Heart 1

Parr8 is right, guitars are just as susceptible to the n+1 rule as bikes, however there is a nasty side effect when the rule kicks in... it leads to other stringed instruments! One day you will be rummaging through a pawn shop looking for vintage effects pedals when you will spot it... a lonely little ukulele on a shelf. The internal bargaining will begin...

"That might sound cool, and it only has 4 strings so it has to be easier to learn than a guitar. It's also more portable, easy to carry on the bike... and chicks will dig it! "

So you will give the lonely little uke a home. After a while to will start to realize that the sound of your little friend is kind of thin; you will start to desire something with that ring to it, but pumped up a little.

"It needs more strings... like double the strings."

You have just stepped into mandolin territory...

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. I'm not saying don't open that door, I'm all for it. I'm just saying be prepared to end up as a one man Hawaiian bluegrass band! B)

• Heart 1

Right now I'm working "the Tele is a genuine value compared to the pedal steel guitar I want" angle.  Much like another bicycle is much cheaper than a motorcycle. Or, my new Honda was a genuine value compared to a new Harley.  ;)

When we went down to visit our son and his wife near Nashville last weekend I noticed the vaulted ceiling in their new house. I thought it would be a neat spot to hang some Nashville/country music themed instruments on the wall above their dining area, lighting them with some track lighting. A silver sparkle Telecaster (my favorite from my childhood) would look fan flipping tastic under the spotlights..... Then I started looking at guitars..... Then it spiraled from there..... :whistle: