Car’s fatal flaw

Allen

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

I've sometimes have used chopsticks to fish things out of tight places. I gather moving the seat forward or backward as far as it will go has not helped. Good Luck!!

Moving the seat does nothing. And it is deeper down than I can reach. 
I miss the seats in my van. There was a latch you pulled and the whole damn seat detached from the floor. 

• Heart 1

Car seats are removable.   It may take a while.  Usually there are only 4 bolts.  There may be several wires connected to the seat.  Don't disconnect them, unless you have to. There should be enough slack in the wires to allow you to move the seat enough to get the phone.

Or...

Get creative with a coat hanger and duct tape.    My phone has a rubber case. I could possibly use a fish hook to snag the rubber if needed.

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Car seats are removable.   It may take a while.  Usually there are only 4 bolts.  There may be several wires connected to the seat.  Don't disconnect them, unless you have to. There should be enough slack in the wires to allow you to move the seat enough to get the phone.

Or...

Get creative with a coat hanger and duct tape.    My phone has a rubber case. I could possibly use a fish hook to snag the rubber if needed.

Or you could just buy a new................................"bike.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I set my phone on the console when on a long trip, plugged in to the charger playing music and running WAZES. Stopped at lunch stop and couldn’t find my phone. Followed the charging cord and the phone was out of sight in a small gap at the side of the console. If it had not been plugged in I’d still be looking for it.

10 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

My wife ordered these small wedge thingies after that happened to her. It fills the gap completely. She went hog wild and ordered a bunch for all our cars and our daughters and their SO’s cars. 

I have never heard of such a thing, and it sounds like such a good idea!

I have those magnetic holders attached to my dash so phone always goes in that.  But in an older car before I discovered those it would often drop between the set & console and always land in that Bermuda Triangle where you can’t slide your hand down & reach it from any angle while seated.

The best way i found was to push the seat all the way forward, open the back door get on your freaking knees and reach in from behind.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I have those magnetic holders attached to my dash so phone always goes in that.  But in an older car before I discovered those it would often drop between the set & console and always land in that Bermuda Triangle where you can’t slide your hand down & reach it from any angle while seated.

The best way i found was to push the seat all the way forward, open the back door get on your freaking knees and reach in from behind.  

On your knees from behind is just one technique.  You can lay on your back from the front too.

• Heart 1