My wife just gave her notice about 2 hours ago and I've heard nothing

Dottleshead

42 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You should just accept her resignation and move on. The right woman is out there for you somewhere

Mrs Dottles is definitely a keeper! 

So does she want to take some time off, change careers or just not work at that place anymore?

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Mrs Dottles is definitely a keeper! 

So does she want to take some time off, change careers or just not work at that place anymore?

Thank you Kirby.  Thank you for those kind words. I am indeed a very lucky man.

She's been working really hard in the health clinic in administration and things have gotten really tight and intense.  She's had no time for herself.  It was causing a lot of stress and the only way we could get her any relief was for her to step down.  That's had a chain effect and one of the reasons we've decided to sell our home.

• Heart 3

59 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'm with you.  But let's hear/read your reasoning.

Why is she suddenly worth more now that she’s willing to leave? Why wasn’t she worth more 1,2,3,4 years ago. 

Having given notice changes the paradigm, they will treat her differently, hedge the assignments she’s given. 

In some cases, counter offer promises are (intentionally) never kept, and then the new job offer is long gone. 

She sums it all up here

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

Now I'm slightly worried about her safety.  Or that they countered and are in the process of offering her a new job.  Or giving her more money.  Or they've taken her captive.  I don't know, man, but she should have been home by now and I've heard nothing.

Should I worry?

Is she doing fireball shots at the bar?

Edit:  Crap, that racist Krazy beat me to it!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Why is she suddenly worth more now that she’s willing to leave? Why wasn’t she worth more 1,2,3,4 years ago. 

Having given notice changes the paradigm, they will treat her differently, hedge the assignments she’s given. 

In some cases, counter offer promises are (intentionally) never kept, and then the new job offer is long gone. 

She sums it all up here

We see this the same.

45 minutes ago, 2Far said:

She sums it all up here

My feelings exactly.

• Heart 1