So Cleveland

Parr8hed

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Cleveland is a wonderland of earthly delights.

My feeling exactly!  If you ignore the other craptastic cities of Ohio (and that's all of them), Cleveland will consistently finish at the TOP of every list.  It's just Cleveland being Cleveland.

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Cleveland is a wonderland of earthly delights.

Back in the early 70s when I was in high school (class of 73)  I guy I new moved from Cleveland to Illinois.  He told stories about how the river burned.  At first we didn't believe the stories. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/cuyahoga-river-caught-fire-least-dozen-times-no-one-cared-until-1969-180972444/

18 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I liked Columbus. 

I've been to Columbus several times, which is where I met the forum member formally known as Hillary :)  The test lab I go to is in Worthington, just to the north. Luckily I don't have to deal w/ downtown traffic.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Back in the early 70s when I was in high school (class of 73)  I guy I new moved from Cleveland to Illinois.  He told stories about how the river burned.  At first we didn't believe the stories. 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/cuyahoga-river-caught-fire-least-dozen-times-no-one-cared-until-1969-180972444/

Wow,  That is kinda scary.

44 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've been to Columbus several times, which is where I met the forum member formally known as Hillary :)  The test lab I go to is in Worthington, just to the north. Luckily I don't have to deal w/ downtown traffic.

I went to school there, but don't really have a bead on what it is like now.  It was kind of a cowtown when I was at Ohio State, but I know it has gotten bigger and presumably a bit more everything since then.

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I've been to Columbus several times, which is where I met the forum member formally known as Hillary :)  

Was it scary or did you just do a quick, "Pick the friendliest looking guy and introduce yourself" sort of thing?

image.png.37bf26ad24002aa8d76ad042d1eeaa86.png

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I went to school there, but don't really have a bead on what it is like now.  It was kind of a cowtown when I was at Ohio State, but I know it has gotten bigger and presumably a bit more everything since then.

Having traveled to Worthington since aboot 1998, that city has grown. US-23 going into Columbus now has an underground passage, and local traffic stays up top. Pretty nice. This project was going on for years but is complete now (or should be).

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

Having traveled to Worthington since aboot 1998, that city has grown. US-23 going into Columbus now has an underground passage, and local traffic stays up top. Pretty nice. This project was going on for years but is complete now (or should be).

How is Columbus, though?  They must have some good beer places, right?