I Didn't Realize I "Officially" Proposed

Razors Edge

27 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...to my wife in the oldest restaurant in the world.  Crazy, eh?  Travel and Leisure e-mail had a top 10 oldest list, and there at the #1 spot was St. Peter Stiftskulinarium, which I recognized by the photo.

We already knew we were getting married, but she got the engagement ring that evening.

We apparently had wine and a nice big knödel (among other things).  Should have taken more photos back then, but hey, we're still married at least :D

image.png.81cffafdae2fe9a5543f81fa1696a72b.png

Ever go to Delias in Springfield?  My wife & I went there on our 1st date 33 years ago.  We were surprised to find it still open on a recent visit so went back.

Pretty good pizza but a bit out of the way for you.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Ever go to Delias in Springfield?  My wife & I went there on our 1st date 33 years ago.  We were surprised to find it still open on a recent visit so went back.

Pretty good pizza but a bit out of the way for you.

Almost never down there. Lorton is about as far as I go before dropping more south to head to Richmond or similar.  Apparently, though, there is another Delia's out near Dulles Town Center.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Almost never down there. Lorton is about as far as I go before dropping more south to head to Richmond or similar.  Apparently, though, there is another Delia's out near Dulles Town Center.

Lorton has really changed.  We drove through there a couple of years ago and didn’t recognize it.  I think 123 was even rerouted through parts of that area. Of course the prison is gone too.

We used to go to those restaurants off the Occoquan bridge back in the day.

5 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

The word “perhaps” is strangely omitted from the post.

Other than driving from Bavaria to Switzerland, I’ve not spent any time in Austria. :dontknow: 

I've only been a few times - mostly Salzburg where my FiL would "house" swap with a professor there, so they could visit CA while he visited Salzburg. But Austria is Germany-lite, and very pleasant if you enjoy "German" countries and Salzburg is very "easy" as a city to explore.  Vienna, obviously, is more akin to the "big" cities with it rich history, wonderful architecture, many museums, and larger, but still approachable, city vibe.

• Heart 1