Flats suck

petitepedal

10 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I knew a receiving  manager that got a round the warehouse on a cruiser  bike. The warehouse seemed pretty big at the time with about 25 doors plus a receiving  area almost as big.  Way outdated now

My LBS was busy putting together a bunch of adult tricycles for a new factory in Ohio. I can’t remember how many but I’m thinking it was 14. It would save a lot of walking and be way cheaper than electric scooters.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I knew a receiving  manager that got a round the warehouse on a cruiser  bike. The warehouse seemed pretty big at the time with about 25 doors plus a receiving  area almost as big.  Way outdated now

The warehouse where I worked was huge.  They had a bunch of 1950's and '60's era bikes to get around on.  They were heavy but still easier to ride than a modern fat tire bike.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Honestly, I've never heard a woman complain about flats.  Heels? A bazillion times. Flats? Never. 

Mrs. Grumpy's grandmother would complain about flats.  She walked around in heals for so long, she couldn't walk on flats any more. 

• Haha 1

Can't relate to heels but I can relate to nicely padded shoes.  when I was on my feet all day teaching, I either wore black sneakers that, without close inspection, looked like dress shoes or I put Dr. Scholl's cushions inside dress shoes.

At home now, I wear size 11 fisherman's sandals around the house that are well-padded.  I also have them in size 10 for outside where I'm walking a lot more and don't want to develop a blister from loose shoes.  Outside I usually wear one of the $75 pairs of New Balance running shoes I got on Prime Day at Amazon for around $45 each - they were on my feet and in the car during my March house fire!