I can’t open my Coca-Cola

Allen

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, Allen said:

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

God works in mysterious ways!  Either She doesn't want you to have that Coke, or She is guiding you towards some grip strengthening exercises.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

God works in mysterious ways!  Either She doesn't want you to have that Coke, or She is guiding you towards some grip strengthening exercises.

I undertook a challenge about 4 years ago that greatly improved my grip strength.  I highly recommend this to all the forumites.

17 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I used to drink it, because I didn't like the sugary pop.

I used to drink reg Coke, 35 years ago.  Then I switched to diet.  After a few years of that I stopped the diet stuff and felt so much better - fewer headaches...  About a year ago I thought I'd try a reg. Coke.  I almost gaged on the sugary yucky taste.

• Heart 3

9 hours ago, Allen said:

Maybe you need to go to rehab?

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I used to drink reg Coke, 35 years ago.  Then I switched to diet.  After a few years of that I stopped the diet stuff and felt so much better - fewer headaches...  About a year ago I thought I'd try a reg. Coke.  I almost gaged on the sugary yucky taste.

I'm still able to drink Coke - usually on car trips for a caffeine kick without waiting in a line for coffee.  Mt Dew or Coke or Cherry Coke are pretty much the full range of soda options for me, otherwise just water.  Pepsi is just wrong, and Sprite or Sierra Mist leave thick sugar sweaters on my teeth.  Yuck.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm still able to drink Coke - usually on car trips for a caffeine kick without waiting in a line for coffee.  Mt Dew or Coke or Cherry Coke are pretty much the full range of soda options for me, otherwise just water.  Pepsi is just wrong, and Sprite or Sierra Mist leave thick sugar sweaters on my teeth.  Yuck.

You need to learn to drink RC Cola lika a good southerner.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Hummmmm, I've never eaten a sharpened pencil.  I always figured sharpening removed some of the taste.  So, what do I know?

Eaten? Nope.  Chewed on a pencil, definitely!  As a kid, all my Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils had teeth marks.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Eaten? Nope.  Chewed on a pencil, definitely!  As a kid, all my Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils had teeth marks.

Ever forgotten you had stuck the eraser end in your ear and then gotten the taste of earwax and eraser in your mouth?

Yeah, me neither.

13 hours ago, Allen said:

I use a nutcracker to open it when that happens, though not this year.

Hey, is there a contest going on with the 16.9 oz. plastic bottle caps?  I began buying Caffeine Free Diet Coke in bottles after they stopped putting them in aluminum cans in March. I was tossing them in my recycling until I noticed they have numbers/letters inside the caps like "007W09VH3HHVX76."

Now I've got a bunch of Coke bottle caps on my kitchen counter next to the recycling bin.  I guess I'll look it up now.

Online (https://us.coca-cola.com/mycokerewards/), it says:

When did My Coke Rewards phase out?
On January 24, 2017, The Coca-Cola Company announced that My Coke Rewards will be discontinued. On July 1, 2017, the My Coke Rewards site was closed, and redirected to Coke.com, where you may still enter your product codes to participate in exciting offers from all your favorite Coca-Cola brands.

Can I still enter codes to be rewarded?
While MCR Points have gone away, don’t get rid of those valuable product codes! Take them to Coke.com/Offers where you can enter them for a more instant reward experience. Be sure to check back often, as we are constantly adding new sweepstakes, offers and rewards.

At the coke.com/rewards link, there are a lot of win-and-donate-to-charity things.  There's ONE win $100 thing that ends Aug. 31(https://us.coca-cola.com/speedway/):

image.png.308a0572bbf306236e64dbf4c122012e.png

So I signed up and entered the code from a cap and it just says I'm in.  I guess you enter every code you have and don't find out until after 8/31 if you were the one that won $100.  And you need to have saved the cap.

image.thumb.png.84f7779fc572d565b20d98fa7764c7e4.png

Just now, Allen said:

I tried again. Again, no joy. 
So I stabbed the bottle with my pocket knife.  Foamy coke everywhere. Went all over me, all over my knife, all over the floor. 

And now I’m having tea. 

And that is exactly what you get for not using the approved saws-all method.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

I tried again. Again, no joy. 
So I stabbed the bottle with my pocket knife.  Foamy coke everywhere. Went all over me, all over my knife, all over the floor. 

And now I’m having tea. 

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And that is exactly what you get for not using the approved saws-all method.

If you would have loosened the cap first, the pressure could have escaped and then when you stabbed it it would not have spewed everywhere.

• Awesome 1