You Might Be In A Bad Part Of Town

Razors Edge

....when you stop into convenience store for water and a Mountain Dew :whistle: and the only Mountain Dew they have is rows of Diet Dew!  And the weird Dew versions that are orange or purple.

WTF???

And, be warned, meth mouth and diet soda mouth are almost interchangeable :(

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I hope to never experience either.

I thought I was in West Texas!  Even the clerk wasn't wearing a mask! 

However, if I wanted lottery tickets or tobacco related products, I was in the right place.  I bet, if VA ever legalizes regular pot, this location will be one of the first places someone sets up shop!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I thought I was in West Texas!  Even the clerk wasn't wearing a mask! 

However, if I wanted lottery tickets or tobacco related products, I was in the right place.  I bet, if VA ever legalizes regular pot, this location will be one of the first places someone sets up shop!

In West Texas they would have had kolaches, if you are talking about the town of West.  If you are talking the region, better add in some Mexican snacks.  

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

In West Texas they would have had kolaches, if you are talking about the town of West.  If you are talking the region, better add in some Mexican snacks.  

Up here, it is more "Latin American" as opposed to "Mexican".  We have tons of great Guatamalan, Honduran, or El Salvadoran places.  And Mexican, but generally, well represented by our neighbors to the south.

Oddly, no one has ever opened a CAnadian restaurant here :scratchhead:

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I wanted lottery tickets or tobacco related products, I was in the right place. 

There used to be a Mini Mart in North Bay. I told my son if we opened it and sold beer, cigarettes, lottery tickets, bait and Sudafed we could make a killing.

Anacostia used to be a pretty rough hood.  I carried a .45 and didn’t like rolling through there going  to Ft McNair from Ft Myer.  I remember rolling up on a dead body under the 395 bridge one night. She was killed and then dumped there.  Our Gate Guards at Ft McNair wore flack jackets & helmets due to the numerous drive by’s.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Anacostia used to be a pretty rough hood.  I carried a .45 and didn’t like rolling through there going  to Ft McNair from Ft Myer.  I remember rolling up on a dead body under the 395 bridge one night. She was killed and then dumped there.  Our Gate Guards at Ft McNair wore flack jackets & helmets due to the numerous drive by’s.

That area has seen quite a bit of revitalization.

Did this ride along the Anacostia with my friend a while back and it was definitely in a state of flux with new stuff being built all along that route.

image.thumb.png.c60b3ccfe5ba13da44397900401701fd.png

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

That area has seen quite a bit of revitalization.

Did this ride along the Anacostia with my friend a while back and it was definitely in a state of flux with new stuff being built all along that route.

image.thumb.png.c60b3ccfe5ba13da44397900401701fd.png

Yeah we had been there recently as well and it has changed.  

Looks like a cool ride.  You rode around Haines point.  That section of the DC Marathon was like the boulevard of broken dreams... It’s at around mile 18 where many hit the wall anyway. No fans cheering you on, just you & your fortitude... Saw many crushed souls going around the point.

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah we had been there recently as well and it has changed.  

Looks like a cool ride.  You rode around Haines point.  That section of the DC Marathon was like the boulevard of broken dreams... It’s at around mile 18 where many hit the wall anyway. No fans cheering you on, just you & your fortitude... Saw many crushed souls going around the point.

Yeah, it was a fun ride.  My buddy lives up in Maryland and just led me on some of the routes he tries.

image.thumb.png.76d69c5f30762b1253b7cbe96d5d564f.png

• Heart 1