What the hell???

ChrisL

I had my skills assessment for CPR 1st aid certification today. I don’t like to do the recert I do the entire class over.  The instructor is talking to us (me and two of my contract staff) and I start going into a cold sweat and getting fidgety!?!?  I’m like WTF dude relax it’s just training... The instructor who doesn’t even know me asks if I’m OK and if I need a drink of water.  She says maybe your nervous about the test.

I think I was having a mini anxiety attack.  I have actually done CPR on someone, have rendered aid to dozens of people & have seen my fair share of trauma & death. I have been certified for a while now and wasn’t one bit nervous.  But I never experienced that before?

Anyway I took a drink & told the instructor to keep going and I made it through fine. But damn that was weird.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I had my skills assessment for CPR 1st aid certification today. I don’t like to do the recert I do the entire class over.  The instructor is talking to us (me and two of my contract staff) and I start going into a cold sweat and getting fidgety!?!?  I’m like WTF dude relax it’s just training... The instructor who doesn’t even know me asks if I’m OK and if I need a drink of water.  She says maybe your nervous about the test.

I think I was having a mini anxiety attack.  I have actually done CPR on someone, have rendered aid to dozens of people & have seen my fair share of trauma & death. I have been certified for a while now and wasn’t one bit nervous.  But I never experienced that before?

Anyway I took a drink & told the instructor to keep going and I made it through fine. But damn that was weird.

Did you think of the 'Supersexy CPR" video?  That would set you to your task properly and force you to forget any weird things experienced.

Transitory thing is what it sounded like, probably no need to worry.

I hate the recent. I just let mine expire. I have had it for over 20 years even though I have been out of the fire service since 2008. To me nothing really changed over the years, and I am not in a position that I really need to keep it up. 
If worse come to worse, I'll just do what I have done in the past when I had to preform CPR or shock someone. 

3 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Did you do any LSD as a juvenile?  I read flashbacks are real.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I used to have to recertify for CPR every year as part of the state requirements for coaching high school sports;  The test was given by an instructor who was a phys. ed. instructor in my school or by a county phys ed. resource teacher, both of whom I knew well.

I was still nervous every time.

The weird thing were the years I had to take American Heart Assn. CPR and a week's course in Red Cross First Aid which also had a CPR component and the Red Cross CPR was a little different than the American Heart Assn. CPR.  The SAME county schools instructor taught both and would say, "I want you to forget for a minute what you did in Heart Assn. CPR last week and do it how the Red Cross wants this week."