Ordering a Peach Milkshake from Chick Phallus

Dottleshead

RG was mentioning their merits recently which encouraged me to get one for the first time (The nearest Chick fil A is pretty far away) and I was surprised by how much I liked it.  The little peachy bits in the shake are a big plus.  RO wasn't a big fan, which just means more for me and RG!

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

They were a bust.  :(  Went for crispy and got soggy.  Too many peaches I think.But they were still good!  More like peach cobbler. :D

I need coffee before I walk Ruby to wash them down,

Mmmmmm, peach cobbler.  

ok, obviously I am jonesin' for summer peaches!!!!

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Kirby said:

RG was mentioning their merits recently which encouraged me to get one for the first time (The nearest Chick fil A is pretty far away) and I was surprised by how much I liked it.  The little peachy bits in the shake are a big plus.  RO wasn't a big fan, which just means more for me and RG!

Yeah we got them shortly after RG recommended them and they are tasty. My wife has gone back for them a couple of times since.  

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Allen said:

If it weren’t for the fuzz peaches would be the king of fruit. 

I just rub them on my pants to get the loose fuzz off & eat them. C’mon man what’s a little fuzz in the teeth for something that tasty!?

BTW I got a bunch at the LGS last weekend and they were exceptionally good. Been eating them daily.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Allen said:

If it weren’t for the fuzz peaches would be the king of fruit. 

My biggest beef with peaches is they are pretty high maintenance - rock hard one minute and rotten the next.  You have to stay on top of them at least daily and really plan ahead to take the hard ones oot of the fridge to ripen.  I do appreciate the  much lower maintenance needs of apples. But peaches are so (*&%^% good they are worth it!  Pears are similarly touchy but they are not worth it.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

46 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

My biggest beef with peaches is they are pretty high maintenance - rock hard one minute and rotten the next.  You have to stay on top of them at least daily and really plan ahead to take the hard ones oot of the fridge to ripen.  I do appreciate the  much lower maintenance needs of apples. But peaches are so (*&%^% good they are worth it!  Pears are similarly touchy but they are not worth it.

Fickle fruit.  Delicious when they are in season, perfectly ripe, and not yet bruised, but darn they are challenging.  I gotta say, almost all fruits are exceptional if also in season, perfectly ripe, and not yet bruised.  Sadly, our food distribution system is not optimized for that convergence of optimal conditions.  But, you get lucky sometimes or you live near a place that grows the fruit.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Fickle fruit.  Delicious when they are in season, perfectly ripe, and not yet bruised, but darn they are challenging.  I gotta say, almost all fruits are exceptional if also in season, perfectly ripe, and not yet bruised.  Sadly, our food distribution system is not optimized for that convergence of optimal conditions.  But, you get lucky sometimes or you live near a place that grows the fruit.

Eat peaches out of the blender.  Freeze them.  Problem solved.

49 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

My biggest beef with peaches is they are pretty high maintenance - rock hard one minute and rotten the next. 

Yeah, I love peaches but have bought none the entire year because of this.  You have to be totally prepared to eat the entire amount of peaches you bought at a moment's notice.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, I love peaches but have bought none the entire year because of this.  You have to be totally prepared to eat the entire amount of peaches you bought at a moment's notice.

No!  You can keep them in the fridge. Only if they are rock hard though. If they’ve already started to ripen that is true though.  

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Strongly agree