Sunflowers

Longjohn

What kind of sunflower do they use to make the sunflower seeds you can buy to snack on?

I like to toss a handful in my mouht, store them in one cheek and then crack them open with my teeth one at a time and just eat the kernal and spit out the shell but I know some people who eat the whole thing, shell and all.

Maybe I should start a sunflower seed thread, but @ParodyMeter would tell me it is crap even though it would not be a parody thread at all.

43 minutes ago, jsharr said:

What kind of sunflower do they use to make the sunflower seeds you can buy to snack on?

I like to toss a handful in my mouht, store them in one cheek and then crack them open with my teeth one at a time and just eat the kernal and spit out the shell but I know some people who eat the whole thing, shell and all.

Maybe I should start a sunflower seed thread, but @ParodyMeter would tell me it is crap even though it would not be a parody thread at all.

An ex-cow-orker used to leave a trail of sunflower shells wherever he went.  That was slightly disgusting.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I did that with some of the sunflower seeds one year.  They were good, but the whole chewing open the shells and spitting them all over the house was kind of a pain.  So I went back to keeping them for the Cockatiels.  Now that the birds are gone, I've got a bunch of extra sunflower seed. I really need to find an easy way to shell them and just keep the seeds

2 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

You need a sunflower around your face to complete the picture - brb!

https://www.amazon.com/DSplay-Adult-Bodysuit-Sunflower-Costumes/dp/B07DLKGL6K

They don’t come big enough for me. How about I just hold a sunflower in front of me like the black square they put in all those funniest home video clips with neckid men?