Roofs and chimneys

Parr8hed

50 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It looks like they missed one piece. Is that the piece that is holding up the roof?

When removing everything they had to cut through one of the rafters.  (not all the way though though).  He was bringing some supplies back today to reinforce and brace the rafter they cut then remove the one piece that you see.  

36 minutes ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

The dog looks concerned the roof might cave in.

Sandy was vary concerned with all of the noise and now the missing wall.  She used to sleep in the bed you can see on the floor up against the wall that is no longer there.  Sandy does not do change.  

• Hugs 1

40 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

My guess it that they are waiting on the electrician.    Or, that's the piece holding up the roof.

I am losing some storage and I think like 3 different outlets that were in the wall around the faarplace.  I was planning on keeping the wire that came through the floor to those outlets and wiring some new outlets into the floor.  But nope.  As you can see the wiring for the faarplace and the outlets came down out of the ceiling.  When I put the new floor in I may try to put a few outlets in, we'll see how hard it's gonna be to fish wire through.  Also going to put an outlet up in the ceiling where the wire is coming out.  Then I can add another ceiling fan or track lighting if I want to in the future.  

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

Also going to put an outlet up in the ceiling where the wire is coming out.  Then I can add another ceiling fan or track lighting if I want to in the future.  

Box and cover so you can add an outlet in the future if you want.  Don't add the outlet until you need it.

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Box and cover so you can add an outlet in the future if you want.  Don't add the outlet until you need it.

Yes, that's actually what he's going to do.  He called it a "remodel box".  I'm a nurse, I don't know all of the correct lingo.  

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

You could put an Outlet in the ceiling and dangle an extension cord down to a power strip, that would look redneck cool.

You are close.  I was actually thinking about this....

Fowler Forum - Sportsman Discussion Forum

• Awesome 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Everything will be painted grey. And I’m putting a new floor in that will be a barn wood or darker Grey. The table will be refinished. And over where the hutch is will be some built in cabinets. 

How long have you been thinking about this change?  Was it a recent eureka moment or one you have thought about for a while and just decided to do it?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

How long have you been thinking about this change?  Was it a recent eureka moment or one you have thought about for a while and just decided to do it?

It was really one moment where I was sick of my wife bitching about the chimney leaking.  I thought "I'll show her!  We will just take it out and then she won't have anything to bitch about!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Philander Seabury said:

I like that flooring!  What kind is it?  That might just convert me from a carpet-preferer. 

I believe that we are using Pergo.  That was just a google image search for "grey barnwood laminate floors".  But those are very similar to what we liked.  

Ordered two grand worth of cabinets with a counter top.  They are white.  Probably won't see them for another week and a half.  Ordered matching counter tops for the existing kitchen cabinets (that we painted white last year).  We should have counter tops about a week after we see the cabinets.  Just have floors left to purchase and a kitchen sink.  Had fielding practice last night, pitching lessons AND batting practice tonight then in Indianapolis all weekend for a big tourney.  So it will be a bit before I can devote any time to the floors.  

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I could make you a deal on the kitchen sink I hauled in my trailer on Petite’s big adventure. It’s brand new, turned out I never used it on that trip. 

You may find this hard to believe, but my wife is very particular about which sink she wants.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...