Curly Howard

jsharr

Jerome Lester Horwitz, known professionally as Curly Howard, was an American vaudevillian actor and comedian. He was best known as a member of the American comedy team the Three Stooges, which also featured his elder brothers Moe and Shemp Howard and actor Larry Fine. 

The Reader's Notebook: Curly Howard | WMKY

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Jerome Lester Horwitz, known professionally as Curly Howard, was an American vaudevillian actor and comedian. He was best known as a member of the American comedy team the Three Stooges, which also featured his elder brothers Moe and Shemp Howard and actor Larry Fine. 

The Reader's Notebook: Curly Howard | WMKY

Larry Fine fruitlessly tried to get the Howard brothers to join him in demanding higher pay and movies.  They were afraid of rocking the boat and never came close to the huge paydays of Abbott and Costello.

• Sad 1

Useless tid bit...  When I was racing in the early 80’s I would time my Saturday long rides so I would be home by 1 PM to catch the Three Stooges comedy hour on KTLA.   Sometimes I’d freaking bury myself to be home in time to catch the stooges.... 

There you have it...

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Larry Fine fruitlessly tried to get the Howard brothers to join him in demanding higher pay and movies.  They were afraid of rocking the boat and never came close to the huge paydays of Abbott and Costello.

Curly felt Lou Abbott borrowed much of his act from the 3  Stooges.

http://www.meanwhilebackinpeoria.com/blog/2014/6/14/curly

My aunt Jan would often stop at our house on Friday nights after we were supposed to be in bed. Dad worked nights and my uncle was an OTR truck driver. I was around 11. Mom was 31. Jan was late 20s. 
Jan would hear me still awake since my bedroom was next to the living room. She would invite me out to watch late movies and the Midnight Special with them. 
One night the Marx Brothers “A Night in Casablanca “ was on. Not one of their best, but I didn’t know that at the time. There was a lot of funny stuff for an 11 year old! I watched whatever I could find of theirs. Like other films of the era some things have not aged well, but when they are on, they are magic! The mirror scene in “Duck Soup” is pure genius!

• Heart 1