Grumble grumble grumble...

Randomguy

So I had a doctor appointment this morning, and I scheduled it early so I wouldn't miss work.  I had to be there at 7:45, which I was.   

"Uh, do you have the paperwork?"  No, it was called in, and they said they faxed you the paperwork.  "No, we don't have it".   I let them know that that I emailed the doctor to be sure everything would be there, but they didn't have it.  So we start trying to call, and they won't be in the office until 9:00 says the answering service.  I ask if she can page or text doc, because wtf.  She says no.  

At 9:00 I call back, and the answering service dummy says "Oh, I forgot, the office is closed on Fridays since the pandemic started".  I ask if the pandemic is over, she didn't really get why I asked that.  NOW she says that she is paging the doctor, admitting the lie that I knew was a lie anyway.  After another half hour, the doctor calls and sets them straight, talks to me and said they sent the paperwork over twice- the first time, and once again when I asked them to verify.

Once that was straightened out, it didn't take long.  Still, they health field is not very respectful of anyone's time.  Fuckers.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

So I had a doctor appointment this morning, and I scheduled it early so I wouldn't miss work.  I had to be there at 7:45, which I was.   

"Uh, do you have the paperwork?"  No, it was called in, and they said they faxed you the paperwork.  "No, we don't have it".   I let them know that that I emailed the doctor to be sure everything would be there, but they didn't have it.  So we start trying to call, and they won't be in the office until 9:00 says the answering service.  I ask if she can page or text doc, because wtf.  She says no.  

At 9:00 I call back, and the answering service dummy says "Oh, I forgot, the office is closed on Fridays since the pandemic started".  I ask if the pandemic is over, she didn't really get why I asked that.  NOW she says that she is paging the doctor, admitting the lie that I knew was a lie anyway.  After another half hour, the doctor calls and sets them straight, talks to me and said they sent the paperwork over twice- the first time, and once again when I asked them to verify.

Once that was straightened out, it didn't take long.  Still, they health field is not very respectful of anyone's time.  Fuckers.

This ping-pong game of blame goes on between my doctor's office and the pharmacy, which keep blaming each other for the wrong prescription or no prescription, etc.

Fortunately, it only comes up every couple of years, but then it's a pain in the ass to straighten out.

• Sad 1