Flooring snafu

Square Wheels

3 hours ago, groupw said:

I don’t know. If there aren’t arguments, one of you is likely to have deep-hidden rage. If it’s not you...

This was my exact thought.  If there's not conflict then something is simmering and quite possibly codependency issues.  But I don't want to throw salt on the wounds.  

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Is it so hard for people to believe we actually have a fantastic relationship and like each other?

Nope. I am glad you two found each other.

HoSmudge and I never get in a real argument. We may snip a little now and again, but it is over very quickly.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

14 minutes ago, smudge said:

HoSmudge and I never get in a real argument. We may snip a little now and again, but it is over very quickly.  

This, I think, is one of the biggest predictors of relationship success.  Never losing of sight that you are in things together, apologizing when you are wrong, and realizing what the bigger picture is.  Most people can't seem to do that.

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Is it so hard for people to believe we actually have a fantastic relationship and like each other?

No. I was just giving you a hard time. WoW and I will be married 38 years in September. We still like each other as well as love each other. 

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Relationships viewed from the INSIDE are a bazillion times different from when viewed from the OUTSIDE.

What people assume are the pros/cons are often not even close to the real pros/cons.  In fact, some pros are cons and some cons are pros!

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

:)  Nope.  I was angry most of my life.  I try not to be anymore.  She never really has been.  We talk, we compromise, we plan.  We don't argue.

I was talking to my nephew this week and described a trip I took my parents on a number of years ago.  Absolutely everything went wrong.  I got to their house late due to work, we were in such a rush we left behind the tote bag with all the wine and snacks, the air conditioning in the car broke, we got stuck in DC traffic in the rush hour due to following the automated directions that took us right through the city, I had to work for a lot of the day and I ended up getting the time wrong and we missed most of the event we drove down there for.

I certainly couldn't have blamed my parents if they complained or blamed me but they acted like they had a wonderful time, kept going on about how nice the hotel was, how much they enjoyed spending time with me and how they enjoyed the after party even more than they would have enjoyed the event (that we missed) .  It's not always easy to focus on the good things and ignore the negative, but it does tend to make life more pleasant.

• Awesome 4

WTH.... where are the pictures? 

Also... sadly I would have made him rip it out and start over.. you did tell him the direction you wanted it running.. Not your fault if they didn't listen or they just forgot. 

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Maybe pics tomorrow.  Long day of getting the baseboard and other woodwork done.  Need to finish up some painting tomorrow.  This has been going on for a couple of months, I will be happy when it's over.

we all will be happy when you post pictures... :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, Square Wheels said:

The direction is perfect.  She tells me it would not have looked good the other direction.

Good outcome.
Do you agree, in retrospect, that it wouldn’t have looked good the way you had asked for it to be done? If so, I wonder if your installer went into mental autopilot mode so it didn’t even register with him that you had asked for the other orientation. Obviously, he’s still be wrong if you had your mind set, but people can have good intentions even when they make mistakes.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Good outcome.
Do you agree, in retrospect, that it wouldn’t have looked good the way you had asked for it to be done? If so, I wonder if your installer went into mental autopilot mode so it didn’t even register with him that you had asked for the other orientation. Obviously, he’s still be wrong if you had your mind set, but people can have good intentions even when they make mistakes.

When we were talking about it, he said he would have put it in the direction he did 99% of the time.  Yes, he was on autopilot.

My wife could not be happier.  Today we will finish touching up the paint, putting the last of the doors on, and putting our desks back in.

• Heart 3