Milk punch is a fickle mistress

Airehead

Man I am jonesing for a gin & tonic, this happens every year or 2, probably been 3 years since I had one.

The old house, there was a bar at the end of the block, I could walk up and have a drink and walk home. They made a good gin & tonic. No bars in walking distance now...

There is a bar I used to stop at and have a beer on the drive home, I guess a G&T isn't much different from a beer. But I don't stop at bars in the covid era.    I wonder how my favorite bar maids are doing....They are all smart girls, but it is hard to match bar tending money, specially if you're a good bartender.

I guess I'm going to have buy a bottle of gin. And some tonic.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

Man I am jonesing for a gin & tonic, this happens every year or 2, probably been 3 years since I had one.

The old house, there was a bar at the end of the block, I could walk up and have a drink and walk home. They made a good gin & tonic. No bars in walking distance now...

There is a bar I used to stop at and have a beer on the drive home, I guess a G&T isn't much different from a beer. But I don't stop at bars in the covid era.    I wonder how my favorite bar maids are doing....They are all smart girls, but it is hard to match bar tending money, specially if you're a good bartender.

I guess I'm going to have buy a bottle of gin. And some tonic.

I got some Hennessy gin for Christmas and still haven't touched it.  Seems too expensive to mix.  Can you drink gin straight, or is that wrong?

3 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I got some Hennessy gin for Christmas and still haven't touched it.  Seems too expensive to mix.  Can you drink gin straight, or is that wrong?

Gin and water will never be a thing....

Pass the vermouth bottle over the Hennessy bottle and declare the whole thing a martini 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

I just read about the history of the beautifully clear milk punch. Now I want to make some but I am also a bit repulsed. 

I just read about it, and I think it does sound good.  All the stuff in there is good and tasty, and it does sound like it would really work.  Give it a shot, I bet it is good!

• Heart 1