Hooplehead update

Further

7 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Why did they buy it if they are going to close it down? :scratchhead:

They want the contracts, tooling, equipment. Move stuff to Wisconsin where their other forge shops are. I don’t know if they will actually move presses. It cost millions to move press lines and set them up.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

They want the contracts, tooling, equipment. Move stuff to Wisconsin where their other forge shops are. I don’t know if they will actually move presses. It cost millions to move press lines and set them up.

Corporations do not value their people, they get rid of the experience people because they cost more and then wonder why things don’t work right 

So they institute a new program with another form to fill out, cause paperwork will fix everything 

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

Corporations do not value their people, they get rid of the experience people because they cost more and then wonder why things don’t work right 

So they institute a new program with another form to fill out, cause paperwork will fix everything 

I actually felt valued when I worked there. They even seemed to value my opinions. There were other opinions coming from foundry management. They were really clueless about how to run a forge shop. They came up with a few things that seemed to work ok but so many blunders, the writing was on the wall before I retired. I’m surprised they lasted this long without competent management.

When they bought the forge shop many years ago they wisely decided to leave our management in place. We were making money while the foundry business was struggling. Eventually our CEO wanted to retire and go fishing and spend time with his grandkids. They made the decision rather than move someone up to take his place they would bring in their own management. That began a downward spiral. They spent millions of dollars on stupid stuff and promoted all kinds of stupid plans.  They kept expanding the size of management with more clueless people. It was a shame because it was actually a pretty nice place to work when they bought it.

• Sad 3